Armature help

Old 11-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Armature help

Hey guys,

I have a Tamiya 11T Modified and a Tamiya 24T TZ Super Stock, I am looking for the correct armature replacement yet have no idea what armature to put into the motors. I was looking at hand wound armatures but have no idea what I am looking for or what specifications I need. I am not too fussy about keeping the same brand in the motor, if I can get better that would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You need a motor lathe to cut your armatures. That way they keep top performance. 100 USD can get you a nice used one these forums or on Ebay. Armatures are about 15USD, after about 6 armatures you have paid for the lathe. If you buy armatures, read as follows:
    The lower the turn the hotter the motor. Machine is less expensive to buy as hand wound is a premium. Also the Double , triple, and quadruple wound applies to torque. You will learn about later. Hope this helps.
    Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 AM
    Tech Regular

Hey Naut, that TZ Tamiya motor is actually a 23T. why do you want to replace the armatures?
    Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM
    Tech Apprentice

Erm, I think you guys have me misunderstood. I have a lathe and the comm on my current armatures has just worn too thin and hence need replacement. So I am wanting to get new armatures for my motors , since I cannot find any Tamiya armatures, I was wondering if I could substitute it with another make. I see TeamBrood makes custom armatures.

Thanks in advance.
    Old 11-16-2006, 01:29 AM
    Tech Regular

ahh, i see. that makes sense now. i hav seen quite a few armatures here in Durban at the LHS. 27T and quite a few mod (10T-14T). i took the liberty of finding out for you and the 27T Fantom armature will work in the Tamiya TZ /RZ can. the armature is priced at about R170. the mod armatures, Fantom as well, are priced at about R260 and will work in the Tamiya 11T Modified can. most of the winds in the store are doubles. i hope this helps you. if you need me to get any more info, just let me know.