Alex Racing Thermal Cooling System

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alex Racing Thermal Cooling System

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Dont connect your battery to the radiator and you won't have a problem with it shorting out....
Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Section 8
I don't understand you problem (or the attitude)?

You were wondering what coolant they would use, so I told you. If you are worried about shorting out your electronics, you will use it. They will probably recommend it in the directions (they will probaby tell you to use it if they are touting a non-conductive coolant, particularly since its just about the cheapest liquid you can buy Its even available at the grocery store). Unless you rupture a line, pump or coolig head, water is in a closed system and never touches your electronics.

Its essentially a water cooled heat sink that bolts in between the mounting flange of your car and the motor. Its nothing more complicated than that.
Section 8, no attitude, but I was asking for a review and I perceived you as being a bit stand-off-ish "like , hey dummy don't you know". In any event, "Its essentially a water cooled heat sink that bolts in between the mounting flange of your car and the motor." makes perfect sense. That being said, seeing that no one has given a review, what about impact? How strong is it? Would it be able to withstand a hit or a nice "head on, apply directly to the forehead" crash?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sosidge
The product has not been released, the only reviews you will find are from the developer which will not be entirely unbiased

We will all have to wait and see what this system REALLY does.
My point. To me, it appears that they tested it with one car on the track, monitoring temps, which is good. But, they say zip about durability in the event of a hit or crash.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

they say this system will withstand a fair amount of abuse
Old 12-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Time to revive this thread. It appears that this cooling system is ready for purchase. It has a small write up in the latest Xtreme R/C mag. At $200 bucks a clip, cooling dont come cheap! Anyone willing to take the plunge?!?!?!??