Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Turbomatcher and IB4200WC question

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCHavoc
I have heard that zapping NIMH cells have not been "Proven" to help the voltage but dosnt hurt them. From what I have matched so far, I think zapping helps. I did a batch of GP3300's to figure everything out and the highest voltage I got at a 30a dis was 1.172
just the 4200ib cells
Old 05-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
do you realy expect an answer of your questions ?
No professional cell zapper will give you an answer.
And the xippers and zappers you can buy in the hobby stores are not the right one you need to get an result in higher voltage.

A well working zapper will cost you near 2000,-- USD, only the Material (NEW one - not ebay).

...and think about the cycle function on your 4/35 Turbomatcher, repeaking (button) an discharging should be enough for an good cell.

kind regards

Joe
Old 05-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im no matcher or anything, but heres what i think:

IB4200 are fragil, and require frequent atention. If you are only putting in around 3800 mha, you have bad cells.
You have to put youre hand on some fresh IB's. Buying loose, unmatched, cells from a matcher is non sense. At best you are getting old cells because they had were just sitting there for some time. Most probably you will getting the bad cells, that were matched but without the sticker. Not all cells are worthy of beeing 'team/world/race spec', and they have to sell them to somebody. Either as stick pack or as loose, "unmatched" cells.

I would get cells from somebody that DOES NOT match, preferably from HK, since is closer to the factory.

Sorry if im ofending someone, just my opinion
Old 05-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyway, it seems you are losing a lot of time and money on this endevour...

Unless you are trying to start you're one matching company, wouldnt it be simpler and cheaper to just buy a good matched pack from youre favourite brand?
Old 05-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nyx
any other thoughts?

what zappers are around on the market?
XIPP
Old 05-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nyx
Hi.

I am running some IB 4200 WC's thru my TurboMatcher and I am getting some rather poor figures. I was expecting some really nice stats, but all my results are in the 1.20x and 1.21x range, runtimes being in the same sort of mid 400 ie, "average" area.

So far I have run about 20 cells and have not had anything outstanding at this point, thus, I figure im doing something wrong.

TurboMatcher 4/35. Charge 6A. DisCharge 35A. CutOff 0.90v. PeakD .03

I am running a short repeak (200-400ma), discharge, and then a cycle. Most runs I am getting no more that 3800->4000 into the cells...

Feedback and/or help would be awesome, I am new to playing with the turbo matcher, and figure I must be doing something wrong. Plans of attack for this sort of thing, best practices, anything and everything will help at this point.

Thanks.

PeakD .03 in IB4200WC too high !