Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
is anyone play mamba max with touring on road? >

is anyone play mamba max with touring on road?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is anyone play mamba max with touring on road?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default is anyone play mamba max with touring on road?

on track , is it having good control compare with sensored bl sys?
Old 10-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes it has great control, that rumor is false.
No cogging and great responce with the throttle.
If your not use to MOD it can be a bit of a hand full as it needs a smoother trigger finger than just a stock or 19T guy...
Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 10-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll find out today! My first Mod race, and I have a 4600 and 5700. The 4600 motor is installed with the smallest pinion that makes contact with the spur - I'll try it, and if I want more power I'll first gear up, then switch to the 5700 on the lowest pinion, then gear up. This is going to be fun.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
I'll find out today! My first Mod race, and I have a 4600 and 5700. The 4600 motor is installed with the smallest pinion that makes contact with the spur - I'll try it, and if I want more power I'll first gear up, then switch to the 5700 on the lowest pinion, then gear up. This is going to be fun.
You will be surprised how fast it is even with a tiny pinion...
But for true MOD speeds you will need the 5700, just put it in with the same pinion...You will be surprised that no matter what gear you throw at the Mamba that it takes it...

Play with gear ratio as I found there still is a sweet spot even on brushless motors..
-Shookie <><
Old 10-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run the 7700 and it is sooo....... ... it rocks the shit out of me but my engine is getting warm on the indoor carpet track ..... gonna buy a big fan though ..
Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ended up staying with the smallest pinion. The track layout was new and very dangerous in the fast section. The long section basically went from long sweeper to short straight to long, tightening sweeper ending in hairpin. With this layout I was in no hurry to have a faster top speed. The 4600 with 18t pinion was up to top speed in about 0.25 seconds, and by the third qualifier I was able to hold full throttle around that entire section. The top speed was a good match for my ability and the track. I sort of wanted to gear up, but my next bigger pinion, the 20t, was on my Co27, and next bigger is the 22t.

Motor temp was 113-117degF after every race.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The Mamba Max is excellent! I have both the 5700 & 7700 combos. For some reason, I didn't feel the 5700 was fast enough which is why I got the 7700. Keep in mind that I originally had both the Novak SS5800 w/ SS upgrade kit and also the Novak GTB 5.5R setups prior to this. I was so impressed with my first Mamba, that I got a second one and got rid of my Novaks. I'm working on a project for a 12 cell setup with the 5700. My first two attempts at this didn't fair too well as one of my battery packs was going bad.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The Mamba Max is awesome in a touring car. Easy to setup and dial to any track conditions, Carpet, asphalt etc...

You will be surprised at how fast the Mamba motors are compared to Novak or any other motors on the market. The 4600 system in a touring car on carpet is ballistic, it out runs the Novak 4300 and easily keeps up with the Novak 5.5 The 5700 system is just STUPID FAST on a Carpet track or any track for that matter.

There is also a new thread in company discussions for questions, comments and suggestions.

Castle Creations

Thanks,
Old 11-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
I ended up staying with the smallest pinion. The track layout was new and very dangerous in the fast section. The long section basically went from long sweeper to short straight to long, tightening sweeper ending in hairpin. With this layout I was in no hurry to have a faster top speed. The 4600 with 18t pinion was up to top speed in about 0.25 seconds, and by the third qualifier I was able to hold full throttle around that entire section. The top speed was a good match for my ability and the track. I sort of wanted to gear up, but my next bigger pinion, the 20t, was on my Co27, and next bigger is the 22t.

Motor temp was 113-117degF after every race.
Don't be afraid th throw some gear on it, i gear a 4600 smilar to a 19 turn komodo. Talk about fast