Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change the Hobby for the Better - TODAY -

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Ray Murray: That is some awesome looking racing. I think that the benefit with this style is that it incorporates every aspect of racing. You get offroad, onroad, and (I'm sure) the newest R/C excitement in drifting. Pretty inexpensive to maintain the track also. Throw down some sand, kill the grass and go have a good time.
Yup!!!! We have about 20 or so guys that are willing to break them out on a minute's notice. There is no maintanence with a rally track...it is, what it is.....LOL

Here are some insane pics from one of our rally races.....

!!!!WARNING!!!! We are professional R/C Rally racers.....Don't try this at home.....

http://www.sixfoottiger.com/admin/in...w&partyid=46#9
Old 11-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Yup!!!! We have about 20 or so guys that are willing to break them out on a minute's notice. There is no maintanence with a rally track...it is, what it is.....LOL

Here are some insane pics from one of our rally races.....

!!!!WARNING!!!! We are professional R/C Rally racers.....Don't try this at home.....

http://www.sixfoottiger.com/admin/in...w&partyid=46#9
Well.... there goes the theory about less maintenance.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

There are some great ideas rolling in here in the thread and by email and phone. Lets keep the discussion going.

However, I am STILL needing people to help out (I know your thinking "Man does this guy ever shut up?") But I have to keep asking

Ray, I'll let you know when the time comes. Online "Leg Work" will be needed.

Also, if any of you guys have friends or racing buddies that might be good for this, please get them involved for us.

Thanks all.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Man, anyone notice the hysteria about the new ps3 coming out????

I saw on the news that people were camping out days in advance waiting to get one....

Maybe that would have been a good time to do an R/C demo and sell them some kits instead....LOL
Old 11-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robk
What are some of the things that promoted and grew skateboarding/snowboard/inline etc.? Even if they seem out of reach of us today, what things did they do right?
Here are a couple of big factors the show how that industry was very pro-active in getting the publics attention.

The governing bodies made regulations in regards to following:

• Attitudes of competitors, i.e. sombody pitches a fit, they leave plain and simple whether at the organizers or other competitiors. Sombody horses around they leave.

• No offensize clothing and or imagery on equipment.

• Contests where sanctioned organized AND RUN by the sanctioning body not just sanctioned and left up to whomever to run.

• Insurance was provided by the Boy Scouts of America which was in tune to the sport.

• Your level was based on age and experience along with placement at past events.

• The amatuers levels and the Pro levels worked together however where run by different groups who had agendas to benefit there competitors The Pro level worked to promote the sport on TV etc. the am level used all it;s energy to make it accessable to everyone.

• The governing bodies pushed there brand to the magazines and the press. When is the last time you saw a IFMAR, ROAR or NORRCA decal on an RC Car?

Last edited by MrBlack; 11-17-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

I think Rick is somewhat right about marketing to the full-scale racing crowd. I lost my pants in the early 90's producing a video aimed at teaching the entry level rc hobbiest how to get into or create a racing "scene". The video was a disaster but I used it later as a resume in Charlotte, NC. - and got a paying job in the Nascar empire.
Even back then it was sometimes pretty surprising who you would find racing the "toy cars" at the R.C. tracks around the Carolinas even while employed full-time in racing.
R.C. has a HUGE benefit over full size racing beyond the obvious examples of cost, time, and safety.
How many full size racers can drive, wrench, pit crew, engineer, crew chief, paint, and everything else - by themselves?
Thats why I met many other Nascar employed persons racing "toy cars" in their scant spare time. Because they could experience the whole of racing for their own enjoyment. I often heard old Nascar legends lament how fun the good old days were when they could run a team with themselves and a few minor helpers. We get to do this in R.C. all the time.

How much does it cost to be a racing fan these days? Not really much different than the cost of racing R.C.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lightbulb

Stay tuned.... We're building a better tommorow.....

Old 12-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Count me in.
Member # 2
Old 12-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warhawk 1
I know this is in the electric onroad forum but does anyone else feel it is an off road problem as well? I know hobby shops that sell alot of off road vehicles but nobody knows where people are running them. I know of an outdoor offroad track that basically sat idle all summer. I went there a couple of times by myself.

Or would you prefer to just look into the on road aspect of the hobby?
I know you are wayy out there in Long Island, but if you make your way up to the Bronx, there is a track on Gun Hill Road. No governing body stuff, just a bunch of different clubs that get together every weekend to get some burn. We follow rules that have been borrowed from the governing bodies so everyone can compete. You may want to come up and check it out.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Suspended

This hobby sucks. No one will get anywhere racing toy cars. Rc racing should just end. its a waste of money.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

hmm if it sucks so much (just like your name) y are u looking on the forum maybe u should go to a forum that suits u more like..... ah come to think of it there aint a forum that bad to suit you
Old 12-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

No need to feed the trolls.... just look at his post history.. its a monument to stupidity.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

i know i seen them some people aint got a clue.....
Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FreqETag
Stay tuned.... We're building a better tommorow.....

Awesome looking logo. But, are you limiting yourself by calling it a touring car association? What about mini coopers, open wheel, LeMans prototypes, etc.? Real looking race cars or just touring cars?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Thanks for the Kudos...

The USTCA name was chosen due to the fact that in the world of onroad electric racing, touring cars are king. The top electric onroad drivers in the hobby race touring car so it was a natural choice as it is the "superbowl" of the genre.

There are plans in the works to include several different styles of cars, chassis and levels of skill. No one will be left out, have no fear.

If all you race is Mini, you'll be welcomed here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.