R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2007, 05:06 AM   #106
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sounds like everything is going as planned, I am going to try to make it there Sunday for some stock sedan.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:09 AM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I think cost for extra motors is going to be $25.00 but don't quote me on that.

Tire tossing Nats?? Na... I've got that covered - No need to hurt anyone!!...
I'll never forget the sound that thing made off of Louie's head.......LOL
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:39 AM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I've been working hard on trying to get everyone some information. Here's what I know:

Motors - Handouts will be Trinity in some sort/form/fashion...lol.. ROAR won't tell me what the handouts will be - They want it to be a secret... Why? I have no clue...

Updates on class counts - No clue. I guess the entries go to ROAR, then over to Doug but I never see them so I am as in the dark as you guys.

Weekend before the event will be the ROAR Region 5 Champs. I have to do the paperwork but it should be an awesome warm-up for the Nats as a ton of people are supposed to be in town early!!

Schedule is as follows:

Monday - Facility is 2pm-9pm for pit set-up and hobby shop use. NO PRACTICE as the new track layout is being built on Monday
Tuesday - 2pm-9pm is Open Practice.
Wednesday - 10am-9pm Open Practice
Thursday - 9am-9pm Open Practice
Friday - 8am-10am Registration/Controlled Practice - 11am 2 Rounds of Qualifying
Saturday - 8am-10am Registration/Controlled Practice - 11am 2 Rounds of Qualifying
Sunday - 8am-9am Controlled Practice - 9:30am Start Triple A-Mains

Here's the link to the entry form!!!

http://cefxraceway.net/page/1dzjq/07...Nationals.html

Also, we've added Diggity Designs as another sponsor for the event!
Thanks for getting us the info you were able to get! ...seems kind of odd that there is so little information given out from ROAR on this race to date. I know when we did our nats last year we were constantly advertising/promoting the races (both carpet and asphalt), I even setup a website specifically for the 2 nationals ( http://www.2006roarnats.com ) and coded up an online signup system. By this time last year (i.e. 4 weeks before the nats) there was 172 signups for the carpet nats. Sounds like you're doing a great job getting the track ready for the race, wish I could make this one but got other family commitments during that timeframe, do you know if there is going to be online scoring and video of the race?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #109
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Motors - Handouts will be Trinity in some sort/form/fashion...lol.. ROAR won't tell me what the handouts will be - They want it to be a secret... Why? I have no clue...

Updates on class counts - No clue. I guess the entries go to ROAR, then over to Doug but I never see them so I am as in the dark as you guys.
Hmm...

Josh, as I stated on the phone to you last Friday evening, motors hadn't been selected as of yet nor the contract for supplying them. Although, TODAY I completed the transaction for the handout motors.

Stock: Trinity CO27
19T: Trinity Komodo (cross wrap)

Each motor will be tested with equipment prior to the handout in front of the driver and the motor will be marked at that time by the ROAR RMT staff.

Entrys: Doug Hay will be providing a list of entrys on the website soon. Until now, there weren't enough that had come in to do this.... typically, this event doesn't start filling up until the 2nd week of February. You will have a list to look at.. although, you can always check with Doug Hay to ensure your entry has been received or email me at [email protected]
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #110
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
typically, this event doesn't start filling up until the 2nd week of February.
if that's the case, than can we get an extra week before the $20 late fee kicks in? A good portion of people going to this race are still in "Snowbird's mode" right now and haven't got a chance to send in their entries. I suspect you'll get a pretty big wave of entries after the 'bird's are over.

thx, john
Old 02-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #111
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
if that's the case, than can we get an extra week before the $20 late fee kicks in? A good portion of people going to this race are still in "Snowbird's mode" right now and haven't got a chance to send in their entries. I suspect you'll get a pretty big wave of entries after the 'bird's are over.

thx, john
we have to set the deadline for trophy ordering.... although, I'll look into this and post an answer for you later...
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #112
Tech Regular

Thx for the reply. i understand the reasoning for the early cutoff, as we do the same here at our track for our big events. However, a month early just seems like alot of time.

not sure who ROAR is using for a source for awards, but if delivery time is a problem, pm me and i'll send you a link to who we use. excellent service. we've actually received our order in under a week before. (admittedly, our order is much smaller than what is necessary for the nats, but it's worth a shot.)

thx again, john
Old 02-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #113
Tech Master

Dawn - I talked to Mike the other day and he told me that ROAR was going to keep the handouts a secret to keep everyone guessing.... You have an e-mail...
Old 02-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Hey is it your B-day? LOL!! Happy B-day Mr.Cyrul..
Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #115
Tech Master

lol... Thanks!! The count down to 30 is on.... 365 more days...lol...
Old 02-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #116
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Old man
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #117
Tech Regular

Quote:
lol... Thanks!! The count down to 30 is on.... 365 more days...lol...
HOLEY SMOKES!!!!! Now where did I Put that picture I always post......lol
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #119
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Johnnywhopper ........ the 30 day cut-off date for a race like this is more than fair. If you had any idea as to what it costs to put on a race like this you would propbly think otherwise. The cost of stock and now 19 turn handout motors and awards for a race like this can easly run 8-10g's and most tracks, clubs or promotional orginizations don't want or can't afford to front money like that. The rule is in place to help insure a financialy responsible race and not put themselves into debt or worse financial dispare.

Lat year we literaly doubled our entry count between the Snowbirds and the Nationals. Fortunatly for us last year our 30 day cut-off was after the Snowbirds so we recived a glutin of entries in that 10 day period between the Snowbirds and Nationals. The reality is that most people don't plan that far ahead in RC which makes the 30 day cut off even more important. It's hard to budget when you don't have an idea as to what it's going to cost.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck to Josh, his CFX crew and the ROAR RMT. This should be a great race.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #120
Tech Apprentice

Happy late bday josh!
scottwk1 is offline   Reply With Quote