R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #211
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow
Josh, If you run your club race, the Track must be changed a % before Nats Practice and quals can begin.
Good Luck
Kenny
Tell the Family I said Hi.
Somewhat True but if the Club race is on Tuesday then he is ok. Here is the rule.

12.3.1 The specific Nationals track layout will not be run on prior to the race except for a
minimum of two and a maximum of four days prior to the event. Permanent (nonadjustable)
on-road courses and oval tracks of all surfaces may be excluded from this
rule.

So he could run on it Monday, Tues, Wed, and Thursday and be withing the rules.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:45 AM   #212
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

I planned on tuesday and booked my flight around it already, will we be cooling our heels in detroit tuesday night?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #213
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Somewhat True but if the Club race is on Tuesday then he is ok. Here is the rule.

12.3.1 The specific Nationals track layout will not be run on prior to the race except for a
minimum of two and a maximum of four days prior to the event. Permanent (nonadjustable)
on-road courses and oval tracks of all surfaces may be excluded from this
rule.

So he could run on it Monday, Tues, Wed, and Thursday and be withing the rules.

EA
One thing to consider is the official Nationals flyer says Wednesday. Practice starts on Wednesday at 10 AM. The official flyer says nothing about Monday nor Tuesday.
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #214
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC
One thing to consider is the official Nationals flyer says Wednesday. Practice starts on Wednesday at 10 AM. The official flyer says nothing about Monday nor Tuesday.
Josh posted his schedule a few weeks ago. Monday the track is CLOSED. I was simply stating what the ROAR website said. Tuesday he is open from 2-9PM with his normal club race. Wednesday is the first "Official" day of practice for the Nats. If guys want to come in early then so be it. But the Regional race will be on a different layout as the new nats layout will be laid down on Monday.

Who really gives a crap anyway....Just show up and race!! By guys running on it Tuesday it just means that the first day of "official" practice will be good and not a "run the groove in day" like most Nationals!!

EA

P.S. Are you guys coming? I didnt see any of you on the entry list.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #215
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmock
I agree, races are too long! Too many days and too many hours per day. Races used to be 3 days long and racing would be done around 7-8 at night.

IMO, racing used to be a lot more fun back then because people were able to get away from the track at night and hang out and relax a little bit. Now you are at the track for about 14 hours and most people only leave to sleep or eat. It seems like people used to travel more when they only had to take one day off from work too.
It is funny how things change and I read this and have to laugh. I have been racing long enough that big races used to be TWO days (except Nationals)rather than one. And we had to be done before dark because no tracks had lights.

I started racing in 1982 when I was in 7th grade. With big races at 2 days the Nationals in summer,and other big races over holidays (Cleveland), I never missed a day of school. And I never missed any practice either.

Races do not need to be as long as they are. The Reedy Race is the perfect race in my opinion. With two days of practice and four rounds per day, you get plenty. I actually think they could limit it to one day with four rounds and the end results would be no different.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does anyone have an idea about how the track will groove up and what componds of tires will be run in stock and 19t 1/12

Thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #217
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinR
Does anyone have an idea about how the track will groove up and what componds of tires will be run in stock and 19t 1/12

Thanks
Josh's track has really good traction. For stock it will be purple fronts and grey/white rears. Maybe black or grey fronts depending on your car. 19t I imagine magenta front and rears maybe purple fronts.

Paul
Old 02-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #218
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh,

Will there be enough chairs for everyone, or will we need to bring them "just in case"?

Thanks!
brianrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #219
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrice
Josh,

Will there be enough chairs for everyone, or will we need to bring them "just in case"?

Thanks!
I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw a chair in the car if you have some extra room.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw a chair in the car if you have some extra room.
Bobby Flack is my hero.....
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will there be enogh TABLES for those of us who dont arrive on the 2nd for the regionals but the Thurs morning before the nats.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #222
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Bobby Flack is my hero.....
Low standard's huh Ian?

Hi Bobby!!

EA
Old 02-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #223
Tech Master

if we are there for the regionals sunday can we leave our stuff setup at the track for when we return on tuesday?

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #224
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
That's what I thought. Thanks!
brianrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #225
Tech Master

Monday we will be there working on the new layout and hopefully, just finishing up a few things - The building will be open BUT THE TRACK WILL NOT. You may come and work on your stuff but do not bug the helpers. That also means in reguards to the track layout - We are building a great track that should allow for some great racing and no, we don't want anyones .02 on it... Also, there are NO SET HOURS for this. We will get there when we get out of bed and we will leave when we are done (probably a noon-7pm deal hopefully).

If you can bring a chair, it's not a bad idea. We will have more than enough pit spaces for everyone but everyone will be expected to only take up ONE pit space. Once everyone is in and racing starts, if there is room then you can spread out a little.

Since we have checked and can run a club race on Tuesday, then we are going to - mainly for our local racers who aren't racing the Nats or Regionals.

For anyone who is worried about loosing the track time - It shouldn't be a big deal, Tuesday the bite will come up and get a groove as the entire track is going to be fresh and cleaned with a major vaccuming so it's ready for a long week of racing.