Wiki Posts
Search

AHHHH, Glitching problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default GLITCHES !!!!!

I have recently changed from a FT TC3 to an X Ray and I have never had glitching problems until I started using the xray. I know that the graphite can cause some problems but what are people doing to keep from having these problems? I have tried a different motor, and a crystal change and the glitches are not too bad but still they seem to happen in a certain area of the track. We have thought about maybe wires of some type that might be buried under the asphalt but I have really never had any probems, until a couple of weeks ago. The only thing that I have not changed is the speed control but i'm reluctant to change that since it's expensive.

I have even put the associated chassis protector on the battery slots to keep from getting any interference and also i put that stuff under my receiver and speedo. I have tried a new servo and receiver and a new crystal along with motor. I hope I can get some good feedback.....thanks,

Ronnie
Old 03-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up new update

Well, I got to see if the glitching was still going on. I ran the entire race program this past weekend without a hit. WOOHOO

I did change to a different motor, a gm3. But I had the glitching before with this motor too. I did a total rebuild of the gm3, and replaced the smc's with standard caps from radio shack.

# 272-109 0.1 microfarad ceramic. There are 5 in the pack for $2.50.

So now I am going to rebuild the P2k using these caps and see what happens.

I believe that the rearranging of the receiver and using the new caps did the trick.

See ya,
Rod
Old 03-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default AHHHH, Glitching problems!!!!

replaced the smc's with standard caps from radio shack.
I'd watch what you say about Radio Shack That can be a touchy subject around here. (Especially to the SMACKMASTER)