Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

That's it,i quit with this car: it's the most beautifull and easy car i've ever had but i'm using it with low winded motors and can't get the car on the ground on corners.Even with the metal lipo stuff from losi and several added weights and235mm conversion nothing to do to keep it safe on the ground.I've discovetred that the limits of this car are huge for large outdoor tracks and Pro10 set up,simply can't take it compared to an old RC10L3,online batteries lowered the weight on the rear wheels instead of a saddle pack placement and making turns is very hard at very high speeds,the weight on the rear end is damn to low compaerd to the speeds and forces involved the car "woobles" so much that comes to sensible during rapid steering changes.It is a dialed car but only for straights and large curves,i don't even considering it fast and drivable as my Corally 10X. . .way to much difference in perfornìmances and especially in weight distribution.Unless used with 4 cells and a very slow motor(10,5 like) on a carpet track the Gen X10 is just a shelf queen,as soon as i sale it i'll go back to the Corally 10x. I'm very sorry. . . got blinged from the beauty of the car instead of the real potential/performamces on track.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My current GenX layout. Only part still missing is the TQ Booster, which is in transit from TQ Cells. Ran it once already, but had to use a rec. battery. Just finished re-doing the layout to shorten wires, remove the rec. batt, and fix up the ride heights and make a special change to the rear suspension.
Attached Thumbnails CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?-imag0070.jpg  
Old 08-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ghiro
That's it,i quit with this car: it's the most beautifull and easy car i've ever had but i'm using it with low winded motors and can't get the car on the ground on corners.Even with the metal lipo stuff from losi and several added weights and235mm conversion nothing to do to keep it safe on the ground.I've discovetred that the limits of this car are huge for large outdoor tracks and Pro10 set up,simply can't take it compared to an old RC10L3,online batteries lowered the weight on the rear wheels instead of a saddle pack placement and making turns is very hard at very high speeds,the weight on the rear end is damn to low compaerd to the speeds and forces involved the car "woobles" so much that comes to sensible during rapid steering changes.It is a dialed car but only for straights and large curves,i don't even considering it fast and drivable as my Corally 10X. . .way to much difference in perfornìmances and especially in weight distribution.Unless used with 4 cells and a very slow motor(10,5 like) on a carpet track the Gen X10 is just a shelf queen,as soon as i sale it i'll go back to the Corally 10x. I'm very sorry. . . got blinged from the beauty of the car instead of the real potential/performamces on track.
Before you make a post like this maybe you should ask for some help from an experienced racer... This car has one numerous national titles in both the stock and modified classes and has been on the podium of several world finals. Whatever you are doing in terms of build and preparation STOP DOING IT! On the back of your Gen-X manual there is a baseline settup. Follow it to a T and you should be in pretty good shape.

It is posts like these that can hurt the reputation of hard working companies like CRC and others.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm inclined to agree with you Jeremy but never having run the car in the way that he is, I can see where it might not work too well straight out of the box. I think it could be made to work that way but have never tried.

In a normal WGT configuration, it's bad to the bone though
Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Theres a little consideration to be done before stating that i'm not giving the right effort to the car and company,if this statement makes any sense i've never even bought a 400 euros/600USD worth car. European racers have different needs and different tracks than what you have in U.S. ,for instance carpet racing isn't much developed as much as outdoor on road racing,an example is we (Eu's) aren't really intrested in monolipo 1/12th with very slow motors more suited to small indoor carpet tracks in wich you (US guys) are so used to.Instead i don't see many 1/8 track racers from U.S . as we do have so many (world champions) enthusiasts over here.The Gen X 10 is a great car for short tracks and that makes sense in an environmente that is mostly indoor biased.(say an EU to race 2wd with a 10,5 motor and 4cells it'll laugh till he drops!).The sloweswt winding motor i've used on the GenX10 was a Novak L7,5 with 2 S and from there on problems start to come out even with added weight and Losi's JRXS metal lipo tray.I like to go fast and race against my stopwatch,this car simply can't take it.Try it in a large 1/8 track with a 4,5R and you'll see what i mean.Besides,i'm into the hobby from 1982 think to know enough to state what i'm sayin.
Different continent,different uses. Thats it!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Theres a little consideration to be done before stating that i'm not giving the right effort to the car and company,if this statement makes any sense i've never even bought a 400 euros/600USD worth car. European racers have different needs and different tracks than what you have in U.S. ,for instance carpet racing isn't much developed as much as outdoor on road racing,an example is we (Eu's) aren't really intrested in monolipo 1/12th with very slow motors more suited to small indoor carpet tracks in wich you (US guys) are so used to.Instead i don't see many 1/8 track racers from U.S . as we do have so many (world champions) enthusiasts over here.The Gen X 10 is a great car for short tracks and that makes sense in an environmente that is mostly indoor biased.(say an EU to race 2wd with a 10,5 motor and 4cells it'll laugh till he drops!).The sloweswt winding motor i've used on the GenX10 was a Novak L7,5 with 2 S and from there on problems start to come out even with added weight and Losi's JRXS metal lipo tray.I like to go fast and race against my stopwatch,this car simply can't take it.Try it in a large 1/8 track with a 4,5R and you'll see what i mean.Besides,i'm into the hobby from 1982 think to know enough to state what i'm sayin.
You're trying to run a 2s lipo (7.4v) in a 1/12 car? IFMAR dropped 6 cell a long time ago, because it was too fast at THAT time, when the batteries were much less powerful.

I'm pretty sure this car, along with every other 1/12 car for like 10 years or so, is designed for 4.8v or less.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't know what you're going off about. This thread is about the new 1/12th scale car. We can only dream about the large outdoor paved facilities you have. I don't know of an outdoor 1/8 scall track still running in the whole state of Wisconsin, which is bigger than most European countries. Property tax is too high to justify a fixed course and therefore the interest in that class. The 200mm pan is about as wide as we can get and keep it indoors. And with 1S 13.5 is still plenty fast for our needs.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

He's talking about the GenX 10. Not the 12.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I don't know what you're going off about. This thread is about the new 1/12th scale car.
Actually, this is the thread for the now OLD 12th car. Here is the new one

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rc-gen-xl.html
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wingracer
He's talking about the GenX 10. Not the 12.
Yep, he needs to talk to John Stranahan.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wingracer
Actually, this is the thread for the now OLD 12th car. Here is the new one

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rc-gen-xl.html
You got me. I like the new one though. Very nice.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Lord

Haha yeah, he and John would probably get along great.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

whats the smallest spur you can run on the Gen X in 48pitch and 64 pitch?

Anyone here running 48 pitch pinions? If so, what spur and pinion sizes are you using for 17.5 running on 4S or 1S Lipo equivalent?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Only have run 64 pitch gearing. Have tried the following spurs and pinions and they have fit.

74 & 72 tooth spur from PRS (precision racing systems)

51 tooth pinion fits easily with the 72 tooth spur could go bigger.

On 84x45ft track (Open Layout):
17.5 Nimh rollout 78mm (45 pinion 74 spur)
17.5 Lipo rollout 84mm (48 pinion 74 spur)
Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pinion gear?

I'm new and dumb when it comes to on road cars. Could someone give me a suggestion on pinion gear size to run? Track is small-med and i'm giong to be running the stock 98 spur gear for now. Motor is a 17.5 trinity duo brushless.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.