Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hicheef
Whats up All!! Not an owner yet...............hope to within the week but I was wondering, does AMBr make a generic replacement case for their transponders? I don't need it to have my number on the outside, I just need it to have the ears on it as I'd like to take advantage of the cars place for it.

Thanks,
Kevin
I've seen a lot of guys cut a piece of lexan, and tape or shoe-goo it to the transponder then mount it in the predetermined location accordingly.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Breaking Shocks

I have broken a couple of the threaded portions of the shock off during a hard straight on impact. This is on the threaded damper end that goes into the ball cup. I think that during an impact, the o-ring battery retainer is not strong enough to keep the battery in place. The result is the battery momentarily moving and slamming into the shock. This results in a bent threaded ball cup shaft. If I try to bend it back to straight, it will break. I've gone through 3 shocks in the last 5 club races. Its getting rather expensive. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to avoid it. I'm trying to devise a way to resurrect my three broken shock tubes.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try putting an o-ring on the shock shaft. The shock is the only thing to stop the rear pod from moving ahead in an impact, so it takes all the force. The o-ring absorbs some of the shock. If you think it is the batteries you could always tape them in...

James
Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bb71
I have broken a couple of the threaded portions of the shock off during a hard straight on impact. This is on the threaded damper end that goes into the ball cup. I think that during an impact, the o-ring battery retainer is not strong enough to keep the battery in place. The result is the battery momentarily moving and slamming into the shock. This results in a bent threaded ball cup shaft. If I try to bend it back to straight, it will break. I've gone through 3 shocks in the last 5 club races. Its getting rather expensive. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to avoid it. I'm trying to devise a way to resurrect my three broken shock tubes.
its more the movement of the rear pod when you hit that bends the shock
this happened to me when i ran the L4 car (the battery's dont move in that car at all)
you could tape them in if you want.but i find the o ring is fine enough.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So the o-ring acts as an extra buffer when the shock bottoms out? The o-ring goes on the piston shaft? I'll give that a try.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
For a carpet track what is a good starting point on the number of turns (360 degrees) from the top I should set the rear pod springs at?
I never could find the correct spot until I set my car up with scales. I have 2 gram scales the rear tires go on and a spacer for the front tires to make everything level. I back the springs off and work 1 side down till the scale reads a few grams different, then I do the same for the other side. At that point I bring them down approx. 3/4 of a turn for "preload" to start with.
Wayne
Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

For Sale
A CRC Gen-X I only ran this car this week at the Snowbirds. The chassis has been sanded and sealed by Mike Odonnell, and has no scratches marks or chips on it. The car will come with a Novak GTX speedo, a JR3550 servo and a Spektrum Micro Receiver. The car was also wired by Mike and looks awesome. The car will come with two Cobalt 27t motors only cut once and two Promatch IB4200 cells. The car has the new Open X rear pod on it and the new longer front pivot balls on it, along with a Slapmaster front bumper and thrust bearing. The car will come with a new set of high roller tires and I new painted body, along with some spare parts. I am asking $315 shipped anywhere in the US and I will only accept paypal. If you have any question or would like some pics of the car Email me at [email protected]
Old 02-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IMTK422
For Sale
A CRC Gen-X I only ran this car this week at the Snowbirds. The chassis has been sanded and sealed by Mike Odonnell, and has no scratches marks or chips on it. The car will come with a Novak GTX speedo, a JR3550 servo and a Spektrum Micro Receiver. The car was also wired by Mike and looks awesome. The car will come with two Cobalt 27t motors only cut once and two Promatch IB4200 cells. The car has the new Open X rear pod on it and the new longer front pivot balls on it, along with a Slapmaster front bumper and thrust bearing. The car will come with a new set of high roller tires and I new painted body, along with some spare parts. I am asking $315 shipped anywhere in the US and I will only accept paypal. If you have any question or would like some pics of the car Email me at [email protected]
I take it that you did not do so well at the Birds...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by march to my own
I take it that you did not do so well at the Birds...
I didn't do to bad, just where I live there in no 12th scale racing.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

CRC HIGH ROLLER TIRES FOR SALE
Front pairs
Magenta- New
Magenta- Cut to 1.70 used
Purple- cut to 1.70 new
Black- cut to 1.70 new

Rear Pairs
Grey- cut to 1.74 new
Grey- cut to 1.77 used
White- new
Magenta- new
Pink- cut to 1.74 used
Grey- cut to 1.77 new
Pink- cut to 1.77 new
White- cut to 1.77 new
All of these tire are in great shape. None of the used tire have been chunked, and most only have one 8min run on them. I am asking 65.00 Paypal for all of them shipped anywhere in the US. If you have any questions or would like to see pics Email me at [email protected]

Last edited by IMTK422; 02-05-2008 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typer error
Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

CRC HIGH ROLLER TIRES FOR SALE
Front pairs
Magenta- New
Magenta- Cut to 1.70 used
Purple- cut to 1.70 new
Black- cut to 1.70 new

Rear Pairs
Grey- cut to 1.74 new
Grey- cut to 1.77 used
White- new
Magenta- new
Pink- cut to 1.74 used
Grey- cut to 1.77 new
Pink- cut to 1.77 new
White- cut to 1.77 new
All of these tire are in great shape. None of the used tire have been chunked, and most only have one 8min run on them. I am asking 65.00 Paypal for all of them shipped anywhere in the US. If you have any questions or would like to see pics Email me at [email protected]
Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

CRC GEN-X FOR SALE
This car has only one race on it. The car has a open-X rear end, the long pillow balls, Ti. turnbuckles,Ti Front screws, ceramic bearings, Slapmaster bumper and thrust bearing, and ceramic balls. The chassis is sanded and sealed by Mike Odonnell. This car is awesome, it only has the snowbirds on it. The chassis is perfect. I am asking $200 for this car. I only accept Paypal and will only ship in the lower 48 states. If you have any question, or would like to see pics email me at [email protected]
Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What servo will fit in this car? What one works best?
Thanks
Old 02-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have a Futaba s9650 in my rugrat will that fit?
Thanks
Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use the Futaba 9650 in the Gen-X, it works great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.