Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anyone else having any slop in the rear right height adjusters/axle bearing holders. I'm using the IRS adjusters and they are very loose in the gen-x rear pod plates, causes slop in the rear axle. Anyone else? I'm going to try to stock adjusters and see if they have slop as well.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

when the IRS ride adjusters came out....I was running IRS pod pieces....and they were really sloppy....then I started running the CRC 3.2, and the tolerance was perfect in those...maybe you just have to run Associated adjusters in the new car....
Old 11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
What's gonna happen to CRC when all the XRay fangirls jump ship and start using the 1/12 car they're releasing soon? Will the team drivers be required to run the car? Wouldn't that pretty much gut CRC's core of drivers at big races?
Sorry to hijack this thread, but where bouts is news of the xray 12th scale? I'm looking to upgrade from my associated 12l4 soon, this car looks awesome but going off my previous experience with xray kits i'd like a little look-see. Thank god 12th scale is gaining a bit of momentum at my local track.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry, my post was a little trollish, I enjoy taking jabs at my XRay friends given the chance. I am curious how it would play out, though, since a lot of the XRay team runs the CRC car, and they seem to be friendly with the CRC folks in general.

The XRay 1/12th thing has been in the rumor mill for a while. Maybe it's just that, but the "chatter" about such a car has picked up a lot recently. And you notice, nobody is denying it. :-)

http://www.redrc.net/2006/11/xray-to...112th-pan-car/
Old 11-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Dont worry about CRC's future...they will be just fine

as far as a 12th car from Xray......dont expect one soon....it could be a year or 2 or longer....
Old 11-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Sorry, my post was a little trollish, I enjoy taking jabs at my XRay friends given the chance. I am curious how it would play out, though, since a lot of the XRay team runs the CRC car, and they seem to be friendly with the CRC folks in general.

The XRay 1/12th thing has been in the rumor mill for a while. Maybe it's just that, but the "chatter" about such a car has picked up a lot recently. And you notice, nobody is denying it. :-)

http://www.redrc.net/2006/11/xray-to...112th-pan-car/
"First rule of the fight club is never talk about the fight club." You'll have to wait and find out along with everyone else...
Old 11-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
Dont worry about CRC's future...they will be just fine

as far as a 12th car from Xray......dont expect one soon....it could be a year or 2 or longer....
I find it hard to believe that a company that's so prolific when it comes to releasing new kits would take -that- long to engineer a 1/12th car.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully this front end will prove to be the replacement for the assoc front end,us pan car drivers need a new front end,I'm praying and hoping this is it,as I really like CRC's stuff.I suspect the birds will really tell the story on the new front end?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

well....these rumors actually started 2 years ago now....

thats the only point I am trying to make
Old 11-20-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Anyone else having any slop in the rear right height adjusters/axle bearing holders. I'm using the IRS adjusters and they are very loose in the gen-x rear pod plates, causes slop in the rear axle. Anyone else? I'm going to try to stock adjusters and see if they have slop as well.
I had a couple issues too, really only one problem but no big deal. I use the IRS adjusters as well and noticed there was some play. I placed a drop of thin ca on top and bottom of the IRS ride height adjuster, spread the ca evenly, let it dry and then install the adjuster. I actually had to do this a couple of times, but now there is no more slop. I'm, sure the Associated adjusters will fit snug.

My second issue was that an upper ball stud was defective. For some reason this always happens to me when I get a new kit. I built a 12L4 last spring and it came with an unthreaded side post. Anyhow, The upper ball stud didn't have any threads on it. I have sent an email to CRC for a replacement. Hopefully I can get it soon cause the car cannot be driven without the upper ball stud. I placed an order for extra parts which includes the upper ball studs so hopefully this order or the replacement goes out soon. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the kit and can't wait to get it on the rug!!

Anyone know if any other companies make these upper ball studs?

I'm not mad, cause sh!t happens. Just waiting patiently...

Last edited by Apex; 11-20-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
I had a couple issues too, but no big deal. I use the IRS adjusters as well and noticed there was some play. I placed a drop of thin ca on top and bottom of the IRS ride height adjuster where it fits into the bulkhead and spread the ca evenly. I actually had to do this a couple of times, but now there is no more slop. I'm, sure the Associated adjusters will fit snug.
I'm not open to CA the adjusters in the pod. I change them often and that sounds like it would be PITA. Every other CRC and IRS rear pod I've owned the adjusters fit perfectly snug, why can't these. I guess I will give CRC a call.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I'm not open to CA the adjusters in the pod. I change them often and that sounds like it would be PITA. Every other CRC and IRS rear pod I've owned the adjusters fit perfectly snug, why can't these. I guess I will give CRC a call.
I'm not saying glue the adjusters into the pod. I'm saying glue the adjusters so it builds up a little layer, let the the adjuster dry and then place the adjusters in the pod. It will take up that little space.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I ran my new Gen-X yesterday at my track, as well as my husband, who is an oval buck and hardly ever turns right, and the cars were SO good, that even HE can drive it and shave time off his laps. I was definately faster and cleaner in all my runs and the car just felt so smooth all over. Kudos to Frank for making such a great 12th scale and an awesome front end. And for having a lovely track for us to run it on Can't wait to try it out at Cleveland!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I ran mine yesterday too. I'm pretty sure that this car is going to win a BIG race real soon................................
Old 11-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

I dont know about the CA thing.....how would your axle be perfectly square if you do this???

Guys....just get over it and use the old associated pieces

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 11-20-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.