Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motor Question

Hey guys...I have a Chameleon 2 19 Turn that the magnets have come loose in, and it is rattling now. Can the magnets be reattached or is the motor hosed...

I thought about CA ing the magnets in, or perhaps some epoxy, although will have to be thin..

Any suggestions??
Old 02-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

The motor is un-raceable. Purchase a new can, and use the same arm. The magnets are placed in the can by an adhesive. If one of the magnets shifts or dislodges, the timing and performance of the motor is gone.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

thanks rcinfinity...I tried epoxying the magnets back in...will spin it up, and if it runs reasonably, will probably give it to one of the kids at the track who cant afford a 19 t. He may get a couple of runs out of it...
Old 02-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

I re-epoxyed the magnets into my current stock motor - it still runs good - but I would feel more confident with a replacement motor (don't need to spend the money while I'm still winning races with it though).