EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

This sound like a decision from some one who does not want LIPO batteries to become the norm. but to keep the older Nimh cells used in touring cars.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

5 cell? This is getting stupid.... Six cells have been the standard for such a long time. What about ROAR, will they change too?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trf_racer
5 cell? This is getting stupid.... Six cells have been the standard for such a long time. What about ROAR, will they change too?
I believe if they do, YOu will see a large insurgance of 12th scale Pan cars....
5 cell makes it stupid....
At least with 4 cell I could use the same packs for 12th scale as well...
Heck with a BL 4 cell could actually work...But this 5 cell get approved by ROAR...Say goodbye to Touring Car class.. IMHO

-Shookie <><
Old 11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

I remember Oscar Jansen said we would be better off running 6.0V almost two years ago and I seriously think he was/is right

Anyone know when the change starts?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

well the guy`s who were for Voltage classe`s have it now

wish they had asked me first to cast a vote on my behalf , pigs can fly

Erik
how do get to connect the batts up on a car with top deck that just covers the cells one of then will be covered on a few cars (not all)

In the end though i just think people will get used to it & carry on racing regardless

PS ;;this doesn`t bring in new blood racers to keep this hobby going by the way
just more hurdles to over come which will put more racers off

if this is just TC , then guy`s who switch between off road summer/ TC winter will have to have 2 lot`s of batts or 3 lot`s if 1/12th aswell

was Borat voting on this by the way
Old 11-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

@Eirik: as far as I heard from January 2007!

I'd actually have prefered the 4-cell option, but a change to 5-cells is better then "no change" as far as I can see.
As far as I heard there were 3 camps at the AGM, a group for 4-cells, another one for 5-cells and a third one for 6-cells (I heard Oscar favoured that option). Obviously the 4-/5-cell groups must have joined forces in order not to end up with 6-cells again and this is where we are at now...

I think the change to sintered is good, and so is delta winds. Makes teching a lot easier and will also make the known problems to bonded brushless rotors a thing of the past...
Old 11-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

A battery bar will solve the problem of connecting the "one" side, just solder the wire directly onto it or solder the Corally style plug onto it, should work just fine!!

Off-Road is deffenately better off with 5 cells, the current World Champion used 5 cells to win the Championships
Old 11-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

@Reto,

I have not been in favour for anything actually, 4cells, 5cells or 6cells makes no difference to me, I just love to race no matter what batteries we use

So we will run the DHI Cup with 5 cells??
I better start testing
Old 11-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Better ask Kim about the DHI rules...

Well, I don't think the rules for OffRoad have been revised, I've been told that this section stays with 6 cells and that only TC is going to have 5. I kind of don't like the idea to have different number of cells for all classes...
Old 11-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
@Eirik: as far as I heard from January 2007!

I'd actually have prefered the 4-cell option, but a change to 5-cells is better then "no change" as far as I can see.
As far as I heard there were 3 camps at the AGM, a group for 4-cells, another one for 5-cells and a third one for 6-cells (I heard Oscar favoured that option). Obviously the 4-/5-cell groups must have joined forces in order not to end up with 6-cells again and this is where we are at now...

I think the change to sintered is good, and so is delta winds. Makes teching a lot easier and will also make the known problems to bonded brushless rotors a thing of the past...
I agree I would prefer 4 cell over 5
Old 11-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Reto,
Agree, the best would be to use the same for all electric classes!!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

It is a shame they decided 5 instead of 4. Even though I am strongly against a change from 6, at least 4 would have meant that all on-road racing would us the same cell count. Now you have 4, 5,and 6 cell classes. This is supposed to be good for racing?

It's a pity that it is drivers' lack of self control and/or poor decision making that prompted this decision.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

It's a pity that it is drivers' lack of self control and/or poor decision making that prompted this decision.
Some could argue that it is the technology in today's motors can be causing the problem as well... with the best and most powerful cells in RC history powering our cars, something has to give... either-way, it is a fact that the mod class racers are trying to squeeze every bit of performance from these motor's / cars, in-turn giving us all the chance to see some of the best and fastest racing in RC. From the races that I have been to, it is always the Mod classes that draw the largest crowds.

At the end of the day, this is ERFA - not ROAR so it only effects a percentage of the RC population at this point. Since the ROAR voting is going on now, maybe this topic should be a point of the Presidential campaigns.

Personally, showing down the premier class in 1/10 TC does not make sense to me at all...

Last edited by duckman996; 11-04-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
What a waste of time, energy and paper...........

I think I will sell my Touring Car stuff now.......

-Shookie <><
You planning on moving to Europe??

We go by ROAR rules over here in the states
Old 11-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

5 cell???!!!

Now that's just plain stupid!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.