Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Regional Moderator

longer life motors. Brushless. <-- Not a solution

Tyres over heating. What???? when was that ever a problem? just use a harder tyre or something <-- So you think everyone in the world racing in the same weather as you? Try go to Asia where Sorex 40R sometimes is still too cold

less broken parts, dont do modified if you cant drive. <-- Not a solution, it's not only when you hit something. Drivetrain and other moving parts also wear less. Btw, you never hit anything??

Car setting up easier. as above you can always progress into modified. <-- I dont understand??

I see all four above statements as pretty hilarious to be honest. <-- Thanks

Last edited by daniz24; 11-06-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So. WHat the results??

SO.. have they decided??? 4 cell or 5 cell?? which one??
Old 11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Jeez, what nest.
"Errrrrr, weve ummm, decided that, errr, it'd be best if you, ummm all went back to 1400mAh NI-CD! AGM over thank you and good night gentlemen"

Its all well and good saying 'just race 5 cells, itll be just as good.' Well, can someone please tell me how im going to plug the 2nd battery lead onto my pack on my TRF415 MSX MRE?? I mean if you think im taking the dremel to my Ģ300 new cars top deck, youve got another thing coming!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

First of all: Sinterd rotor IS a bomb proof; it is now illegal??
2 sintered rotors let go yesterday. mine had never been in a hard crash and just let go down the straight (heard a pop and the car came to a stop). as far as i know the same goes for the 2nd one that let go.

as for the 19t being close to mod if mod goes to 4/5 cell. if it is so close it is pointless - 19 turn not modified that is. go back to 6 cell stock and 6 cell 540 for true beginners only. as modified will be more attainable 19t wouldn't be needed. imo fewer classes of more drivers not only makes our hobby look more attractive from the outside but adds to the events for the people already in it.

something does have to give tho. as much as i love the speed.. i'd rather go back to dumping from pushing the limits than throw a wind or at best burning up gear.

you might put the problems so many people are having here down to climate.. but our problem now will be your probelm with the next generation of battery.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Its all well and good saying 'just race 5 cells, itll be just as good.' Well, can someone please tell me how im going to plug the 2nd battery lead onto my pack on my TRF415 MSX MRE?? I mean if you think im taking the dremel to my Ģ300 new cars top deck, youve got another thing coming!

Originally Posted by tones
you dont have to run the bar on the other side of the pack. you can run some 12 ga under the last cell and flip that cell instead of going straight across with a battery bar and having the pack end on the opposite side.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Jeez, what nest.
"Errrrrr, weve ummm, decided that, errr, it'd be best if you, ummm all went back to 1400mAh NI-CD! AGM over thank you and good night gentlemen"

just be sensible and use a battery bar bent to 90°.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by John Doucakis

These people were in the majority experts in the field, knowing very well what they were talking about.
There were representatives from ORION and LRP, as well as other manufacturers, whome I cannot mention with certenty as I am not well aware of who is who. I am pretty sure that there were at least racers from the GM camp if not actual GM technicians.
I was told by the Finnish representative that most of the people there didnt even know what a sintered rotor is...
Old 11-07-2006, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JuhoL
I was told by the Finnish representative that most of the people there didnt even know what a sintered rotor is...
If they don't know that, what are they doing there then, atleast they who are at the AGM meeting should know what's on the list and how to wote for
Old 11-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JuhoL
Most women that married men do not know what RC is. That dosnīt stop them from setting the rules about it....
Old 11-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HappyHippo
If they don't know that, what are they doing there then, atleast they who are at the AGM meeting should know what's on the list and how to wote for
Thatīs why items are discussed before the decision. Here, things are discussed after.
Anyone who is interested to be a part of the decisions, can join the meeting. If not, send someone from your country. If no one is intersested to put in the effort that others do, in order to make as good rules as possible, why complain?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Most women that married men do not know what RC is. That dosnīt stop them from setting the rules about it....
I see you have the same electoral system as in my household. ..
Old 11-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Thatīs why items are discussed before the decision. Here, things are discussed after.
Anyone who is interested to be a part of the decisions, can join the meeting. If not, send someone from your country. If no one is intersested to put in the effort that others do, in order to make as good rules as possible, why complain?
But if you don't know what this is all about how can you then discuss it?

Not every one can be at the meeting, if you have a family you care about you prefere to spend time with them

It's to bad some countrys send delegates that don't know whats being discussed
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

But if you don't know what this is all about how can you then discuss it?
There are people who knows. The rest are not stupid either, so they learn fast.
Not every one can be at the meeting, if you have a family you care about you prefere to spend time with them
So you think these guys donīt care about there familys? Then you send someone else from your country.
It's to bad some countrys send delegates that don't know whats being discussed
I donīt agree. I think itīs great some people spend there spare time to try to do something instead of sitting on there ass complaining on internet.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Patriiick
I see you have the same electoral system as in my household. ..
Itīs a global problem
Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

There are very many remarks which makes sense, and some who do not. I think the post from Tim Potter is the one that tell it the best....

EFRA is deciding for EU, not for the World. This is a job for the IFMAR. We do not have Nascar as most popular car sport and turn high speed circles, but its Formula 1 here on circuits with variation in turns (and I like both classes a lot!). USA want speed, the majoritity of EU drivers want smth different as their country reps mentioned at the meeting.

In USA nobody care ROAR, like Rick say so often, here in EU racers care what EFRA does. And the JMRCA has done always as ever their own way to protect their market.

If you are in a room with 16 countries, and they all have the right to vote, and all want the best for the racers in their countries, you need to compromise, and sometimes not have the best solution for all. Please understand! A very important point mentioned was that things need to be teched, and there is nothing more easy than to tech the difference between 5 or 6 cells...

I personally think this solution is a good one for EFRA looking in the future, and we need to move on now.

I like the initial idea Rick mentioned with amount of cell identify for a class, but than i would say 4 cell is not a correct way as all would need receiver packs and this adds just an extra cost as well complication to the (beginning) drivers. Maybe 5 cell stock, 6 cell 19 and lipo modified is a better solution?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.