R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Default MRT VX PRO

I just brought from ebay a mrt vx pro, fitted it to my car and the radio system now has interference which it didnt before with another speedo. does anybody know what might of happened?
jordan.norwood@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, I'm Terry from MRT. Hopefully I can help to sort out your problem.

There are lots of reasons why you get interference one of the most common is the installation, ie the location of the receiver speed controller and routing of wiring etc in the car. The other common cause is broken, damaged or a lack of capacitors on your motor. It's important you have one capacitor connected from each motor tab (+ve and -ve) to the case and one between the motor positive and motor negative tabs. If you check your motor and it's all ok maybe you could try moving your receiver and/or speedo, try moving them further apart etc and see if the interference stops.

If you can't fix the problem please contact us by phone (Mon to Fri 9-5) if you're in the UK and we will try and help you. Our number is 0870 1624955.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Hi thank you terry for your help. i have managed to find the problem, the interference was from the transponder position so i have changed that now. i just wanted to know, i am in the uk but however if my speedo did suddenly go wrong and i wanted to give it to you for fixing it, would i have to give you any thing or pay you anything?
jordan.norwood@ is offline   Reply With Quote