Tweaking a touring car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tweaking a touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

So I guess that the Hudy system isn't measuring droop? Or it's just using a different system.

Forgive me, but I've gotten my definition from the book Race Care Vechicle Dynamics (Milliken & Milliken) and, although I believe I understood what they were talking about, I very easily could be confused about it. That was why I used those definitions.

So, if that's not correct, then why does Hudy, Integy, AE, Losi, etc. include a tool that measures the travel from the plane of the bottom of the chassis?

Old 02-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Sorry Boomer, but you are wrong. If you had read my prior post, you would have saved yourself a lot of typing.
BTW, I did read your prior post. I never mind typing. It doesn't take me long. . .
Old 02-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Boomer
So, if that's not correct, then why does Hudy, Integy, AE, Losi, etc. include a tool that measures the travel from the plane of the bottom of the chassis?

So by those gauges, the smaller the number, the more downtravel there is?

The thing with that way of measuring is that (and this is strictly imo) each measurement is only good for that particular set up. For example in that pic of "3mm". Depending on chassis design "3mm" could mean more or less actual downtravel. Furthermore, suppose that in that pic, the position of the suspension arms right there is exactly the same position they are in at static ride height... what then? (I would say 0 droop) And then suppose you change the ride height so that the chassis rides lower, you'll still be measuring 3mm, but the downtravel has changed.

If I have some concepts totally wrong, I apologize.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down tweak/droop/camber/ridehite/bumpsteer...

Hey Dudes,
All I got to say after 14 years of racing is put the!@#$%^&* down ON the track and race it!!SHEESH!!??
Old 02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default settings...

If you want to know what yur setting the droop/ridehite/camber etc. does then make one change at-a-time and run your car...clocking yur laptimes and see if it improves yur speed.

NUFF SAID!!
Old 02-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Big D- now that sounds like a good idea... I think I'll do that. How about a solid week of tuning and racing at the biggest r/c race in history!!!! No, wait...... I already did that 2 weeks ago..... dangit!!!

Happy racing!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2 weeks ago?

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Big D- now that sounds like a good idea... I think I'll do that. How about a solid week of tuning and racing at the biggest r/c race in history!!!! No, wait...... I already did that 2 weeks ago..... dangit!!!

Happy racing!!!
As in the infamous snowbirds?...was that "you" I saw making the top racers nervous?lol
Old 02-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default HEY DUDES,

I haven't been able to find any stock or modified settups for my tc3 for running concrete tracks...anyone got any ideas or??
Old 02-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default settups for my tc3 for running concrete tracks

bigd4343;

Start with Take-Off 27CS tires and a medium insert. These work GREAT on concrete and wear good too.

Pro-line S3's work good on concrete, wear very poor.

Losi "REDS" work good on concrete, wear is ok as long as it is below 80F. Hotter temps tear them up.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: 2 weeks ago?

Originally posted by bigd4343
As in the infamous snowbirds?...was that "you" I saw making the top racers nervous?lol
Yea, I snuck in the A main in 19 turn Sportsman- prolly just lucky.... but I had a blast!!! Dude, you can not imagine how much traction that track had!!!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default TC3 & traction!

Hey Dudes!,
popsracer....stock or mod? gearing?snowbirds traction? I thot I was on a rr track!!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys, I must say I tried big dogs idea of tweaking the car and so did my friends and agreed we like that method. the car shifted the same in every corner and drove straight coming out of corners and on the straight away.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Maybe this is a dumb question. I drive a XXX-S and with battery installed, especially GP3300, my car is quite heavy on right side. If I set ride height equal all the way around and then put it on the MIP tweak station, my tweak is WAY off. If I adjust collars to level tweak, my static ride height is very different right to left.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try adding collers one side and removing them from the other by the same amount.
That should keep the chassis level, then re check your ride height.
HTH
Old 02-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

That's what I did. Now the car is perfect on the tweak station but off the station my ride height is way off side to side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.