Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12th Scale Alive and Well again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtveten
I have the Futaba 9650 and it seems to work very well. Compared to my JR 3550 & Airtronics 94145 it feels smoother & more precise.

Mark
but is it more $
Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 8lackflagracing
well I think with most indoor tracks seen small to run turing cars, Hacking, no room to pass, the 1/12 scale in nimble and with 8 min you can have a change to get back in it, and with LIpo 10,20,30 in the main, what about the bump ups
30min 1/12 that will kill me LOL
Old 10-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 12th Scale in Sydney??

I just got a Associated 1/12th scale from Campbelltown hobbies, where in Sydney is the best to run a 1/12th scale car?? What tyres should I be running there??

Losi Truck - Xray Tourer - Mugen Buggy
Old 10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Although I just started racign 12th scale,

Every KO servo has been, fantastic. They center perfectly, they can take a hit or two with out getting all glitchy feeling.
Although I don't know of the other 12th scale sevos, I know that Futaba and JR put out great products as well.
Hitec is an OK servo I just have had too many problems with them.
-Shookie <><
Old 10-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Around my area 12th scale entries have decreased in the last few years. I'm not sure why, but it seems a lot of people are going through their "micro phase". 12th scale used to be huge but now were lucky to get one heat of them at a club race. Hopefully things will pick up, 12th scale is definately one of my favourite classes...
Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ray, What's the size of the Gate's track?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

here in british columbia canada the first winter trophy race in chiiliwack.

12th scale 19t was the biggest class with 24 entries.

and in victoria B.C. the IROCC has 30 + entries in 12th scale stock mainly because its the only class run during the winter.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chester_mole
I just got a Associated 1/12th scale from Campbelltown hobbies, where in Sydney is the best to run a 1/12th scale car?? What tyres should I be running there??
Either SMA at Tempe ( next to the Newtown Jets club ) or SORMCC at Whalan.
Check out the "Australia 12th Scale thread" for more info. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132723
SMA are racing 1/12th this Sunday and I believe Whalan is on the following Sunday. Check out www.smaracing.org and www.racingfactory.org for more info.

Tire wise, on the front either Jaco Double Pinks or Speedmind 35's and on the Rear Jaco Pinks or Speedmind 30's seem to be the go at both Whalan and SMA. www.feralbatteries.com.au can sort you out with tires at good prices. Cancer Council 30+ seems to do the job at Whalan too
Old 10-26-2006, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

What number is the new KO servo that is low profile but still as fast etc as the normal digital servos? Im trying to squeeze a novak bl system in :P
Old 10-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Regular

After the world's in 2004, one of the British entries sold me his CEFX C12 as ran at the world's for £75. Since then it has sat under my stairs until 6 weeks ago. I have not done much TC racing over the summer and with the much anticipated CarpetWars due to start in November I felt I could do with some practice on the thumbs.
Out came the CEFX and I went to a localish club on Friday nights for a play. I took 2 old packs of GP37's and made 3 sets up. The first drive was a bit hairy due to the reaction speed on the car but I soon adjusted to it.
By the end of the night the car was dialed and I was doing a full race without touching a lane edge or other car.
I've gone every Friday since and next year it has been suggested by other racers at the club to attend the Nationals! There has even been comments made to me about sponsorship
Looks like I have found my true RC calling, ha ha.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by part-time racer
I went to a localish club on Friday nights for a play.
Would that be Southend? Have been tempted to make the trip. Haven't used my L4 since March had just splashed out on some basic spares and new tires and was even looking for second hand truer when club dropped it. Have to race stock TC and it is sooooooooo slow and boring compared to 19t 12th (they made me drop the 12t I was running). only had four minute heats in quite small hall and it still made my eyes bleed! got 4.5 BL so really wanna give that a whizz!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

No your wrong, I run it at the Havering club in Brentwood. Good quality carpet and a nice tech track.
3 rd of qualify a 1 final.
There is normally 4-5 cars each week and some of the driving standards leave much to be desired but I guess we are all learning at different rates
Old 10-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kropy
Ray, What's the size of the Gate's track?
88x50' I am pretty sure.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We were working on the Gate last night getting it ready for the Halloween Classic and one of the guys who only runs 12th scale was talking about how he just built a 2nd 12th scale for 19t class and he spent $350.00 to get it done!! I was laughing because that price included a new servo and esc and a used L4 chassis kit. I said you realize you just built a race ready car for less than you can buy a bare Touring car kit. I dont know of any (exxcept the blowout priced AE TC4) under $440 right now.

My latest TC kit was very close to $800 after I bought all the tuning bits and optional parts that go on before even running it. That price is no electronics.

I was also talking to a friend whos an awesome driver and he has all but given up on stock touring. Says the time and money involved to be or stay an A-Main stock driver is more than hes willing to put in and he is certainley talented enough.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

kropy - 96x52

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.