R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Default Sedan classes getting out of hand

just a few years back you could travel to other tracks with no real problems.
if it was: asphalt they ran rubber and carpet they ran mostly foam. most places ran 27T stock or Mod. about 2 years ago, when some wanted to run 19T usually it was Mod that suffered.

now it seems like sedan....and mostly sedan is under attack to numerous changes, but in too many directions and classes at the same time.

some class variation examples:

540 spec motors
Stock 27T
19T spec
BL stock
BL 4300
Brushed motors and Lipo
BL and lipo
Brushed motors and nimh
BL and nimh
foam on carpet
foam on asphalt
rubber on asphalt
rubber on carpet
now talk of 4-cells

some of the above mixed add more & more class variations.

i find myself currently in the midwest and having had to travel this summer to 4 other tracks due to our track shutting down for 2 months

alot of indoor places i have went to, have racers so spread out due to tires, lipos, 27t, 19t, nimh, and BL. one track's own forum they coordinate what's going to be run and who's showing prior to race day. then in 4 spec/stock classes they have 3 to 6 in each class. if 1-2 don't show the class it's a biscuit. went to a asphalt track that run foams on the only electric sedan class they run 19T/nimh.

i'm finding it's harder to go to other places and race sedan unless you have alot of different equipment for variated classes being run track to track. to me the class has become a free-for-all to some degree. after reading various threads, i can see it's happening in a lot of places. for three tracks i went to at different times....i finally just started bringing my 12th car where all i had to worry about was a 27T or 19T motor change to run.

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 10-20-2006 at 06:28 PM.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

We just discussed this a couple weeks ago here:

or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

i just checked it out. it covers alot of classes of electric cars. i want to just see some inputs on just sedan. don't care about 16T or 18T. sedan i believe is still facing the largest assault out of any class yet.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Be happy there's that many people running at those tracks, to have such a variety of classes. At the Gate, we pretty much only have foam stock TC. If some pro's show up, there will be a mod foam TC class. Haven't had a 19T class yet, nor any rubber tire classes. And no sign of ANY BL and/or LiPo classes in the near future. I would KILL for a BL 'stock' class using only the 13.5 motor, but no one's interested. I'm signed up for 19T TC at the Classic and the Champs, but have YET to actually race with it yet this year.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The Novak 4300/LiPo class caught on here in KC. A few people are holding their brushed motors tight, but most of us have moved on. It's a great time. It's too bad there aren't more big races with slower classes that embrace BL and LiPo. Mod is too fast for most of us, and there are better alternatives. We end up being real close to a 19T in lap times, with less speed on the straights and more rip out of the turns. I've never looked forward to racing more than I do now.

At our track, stock rubber is sort of the beginning class. We let guys run the Novak 13.5, and a lot of them are jumping on the bandwagon. I think it's really helped revitalize sedan racing locally, with a bunch of new faces recently. Between the newcomers in rubber sedan and the guys getting back into it to race 4300/LiPo/foam, the sedan scene is alive and well in our little city. Plus, we've got the off-road crowd showing up to race some slower mod sedan during the winter since there's no indoor off-road within a reasonable distance. Good times.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote