R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #166
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TurboT

Originally Posted by Maybell View Post
if rubber belonged on carpet, we wouldve been running them on 12th scale cars this whole time!

just playn'

I think someone should develope some rubber tires for 1/12ths! I think that'd be awesome!
Team Great Hobbies
Team Durango Canada
TurboT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #167
Tech Apprentice

Rubber tires seem to last a while on carpet if you let your setup create most of the grip, and don't try to throw the car like you would with foams. Spec rubber tire racing on carpet is really nice, especially if you do brushless and LiPo with it. It removes a lot of the external factors, and allows you to focus on setup, car preparation, and most importantly, driving. All that other stuff is a headache.

I was roasting rubber tires when I first came over from foam, mostly because I didn't know how to drive with them. As I improve and smooth things out, the tires easily stay fast and consistent longer than foams ever did, and there's none of the added stress of chunks, peeling side walls, uneven wear, rollout, ever changing droop, inconsistent tire diameters/wear, etc.

Rubber tires are really nice. But, dare I say, they may require more discipline and proper setup than foams to get the most out of them.
rain in our room
undark is offline   Reply With Quote