Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
.Dawn has done a good job .
I guess some have different opinions on this as I sure don't agree.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The threads about Eddie for ROAR prez...

Ernie isn't the President and probably never will be.

With the election being over, all we can do is offer up our suggestions to ROAR. Offer up constructive ways to make ROAR and racing in general better.

Here are the top 5 things that I would like to see happen:

1) More members.
- Give tracks and hobby shops a reason to join ROAR by providing discounts to ROAR members. Get the manufacturers and distributors involved.

- See #3 use an inexpensive limited membership as a foot in the door that provides discounts on every day items and information on tracks, racing, and safety.

2) More races.
- Not more big races, more club races. We need more new racers in onroad and offroad. A little help promoting would help this.

3) Tiered membership.
- Inexpensive membership for club racing and tracks that don't need "the in surance". Get people to join ROAR on a club level.
- The more expensive/full membership would be for Regional and National events (big races). The Inexpensive membership would not apply towards the full membership.

4) A more proactive role in new class rules.
- Get the competition director or onroad/offroad commite involved with potential new classes. Start with basic rules that make sense. Examples of new classes would be the new 1/10 and 1/8th stadium trucks and the replacement for Pro10 (GT10) (World GT) (Whatever it is this week).

5) Review all class speeds to ensure that new racers can actually handle the slowest class.
- My personal opinion is that out entry level class (the slowest class) is too fast for new people. This is especially true for the onroad classes. A repeat of (ROAR91) is needed to get the speeds back in check.

There are so many other things that should probably happen but I'm not the prez and I don't want to be.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred_B
With the election being over, all we can do is offer up our suggestions to ROAR. Offer up constructive ways to make ROAR and racing in general better.
THE ELECTION ISN'T OVER TILL END OF OCTOBER
Old 10-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
The threads about Eddie for ROAR prez...
I think it is safe to say this thread -was- about Eddie for pres. Its a year old thread. He rarely seems to get on RcTech anymore.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So lets let it die again, like it was dead for the past and worry about who is really running this time.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Legend

If Eddie was running I would vote.

He saw what is needed to fix Roar years ago ...

Sure he is wise azz like me ...

Maybe he would not of been the best for the job ...

Yet , Eddie had the vision !!!!
He would had
improved the regional program`s , made them more than just a Roar title & another bowling trophy ...

Bet you we will never see this happen with the current leadership...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hmm...

I'll pass on the nomination.......RC Racing is kinda bleh to me right now. I still love it, but just too much drama for a hobby. People are more concerned about crapping on each other, than actually racing it seems like.

I think Dawn has done a pretty good job. She started out with some big changes that have been pretty positive. Only thing I would suggest is going back to Carl and my idea lists and implementing some of that stuff, as a lot of it generated positive reactions.

And its EddieO (one word)......and Brood is not dead, still selling stuff all the time, I just backed out of the dying TC racing scene after all the drivers jumped ship.....get some balls and post on your real account, not a fake one....

And I still read the forums often.......just don't post much anymore....

Garrett and I were actually talking about going TC racing the other day....

And I only ran for President one time.....and I never promised to fix everything

I love you all.

Later EddieO
Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital
I think it is safe to say this thread -was- about Eddie for pres. Its a year old thread. He rarely seems to get on RcTech anymore.
I guess I should have paid more attention. Only a complete loser would dig up a year old thread at election time.

I do agree with EddieO that Dawn has done a lot to make things better. More needs to be done but that's life. Getting racers to accept change is like herding cats.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

If the racers really want to see Regional Championships once again become the path to a national title it's going to take more than the current president and Excomm to get it done. If racers really want this in ROAR then really pay attention to who your region director is and who might be running. ROAR needs region directors that will push and promote for more ROAR races within their region or even combined with regions. If the region director in your region isn't getting it done then start a write-in campagne. The Excomm will take care of their end of the deal if we can get Region directors to take care of theirs in the near feature. Then and only then will we have a nationals points/qualification system that can work.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
If the racers really want to see Regional Championships once again become the path to a national title it's going to take more than the current president and Excomm to get it done. If racers really want this in ROAR then really pay attention to who your region director is and who might be running. ROAR needs region directors that will push and promote for more ROAR races within their region or even combined with regions. If the region director in your region isn't getting it done then start a write-in campagne. The Excomm will take care of their end of the deal if we can get Region directors to take care of theirs in the near feature. Then and only then will we have a nationals points/qualification system that can work.

Advertising and marketing is a Region Director task?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
If Eddie was running I would vote.

He saw what is needed to fix Roar years ago ...

Sure he is wise azz like me ...

Maybe he would not of been the best for the job ...

Yet , Eddie had the vision !!!!
He would had
improved the regional program`s , made them more than just a Roar title & another bowling trophy ...

Bet you we will never see this happen with the current leadership...
eddieO WAS voted in as regional director, and YET you still made excuses NOT to race the regional at HIS track.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Ignore that, I need to learn to read!

Later EddieO

Last edited by EddieO; 10-06-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Eddie ... I think his post was in reference to Wild Cherry's comments not yours.

raffaelli ..... I would say yes and no. In the first place I wouldn't call it marketing I'd call it promotions. Region directors need to get out there promote ROAR within their region. They need to get tracks hosting region championships. They need to make a presence in their region. There's a few region directors who have done this and there are a few who are doing it now. You look at Region 2 and they've got an electric off-road series, a couple of region championships and more. Why, because they have an active region director that is promoting ROAR, getting tracks on-board and getting them to host races. If you think that a region director is just a just a guy with a rubber stamp to approve sanctioned events in his region then you're probably in one of those regions that have few if any ROAR events.

Last edited by schurcr; 10-06-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Ignore that, I need to learn to read!

Later EddieO
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by skypilot
eddieO WAS voted in as regional director, and YET you still made excuses NOT to race the regional at HIS track.

Yet ... I attended his race , you did not ....
I remember offering you 50 buck`s if you would attend and support ..

Even Eddie offered you ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.