Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Eddie. I will be voting for you. And not only because I agree with almost everything you've posted, (because there are a couple of minor points I don't fully agree on) but mainly because I know you're the type who will do SOMETHING to benefit this hobby/sport. I know you're not one to just sit back and let things be the way they are.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The motor approval is done by an outside lab, to make sure the motors meets the specs required by the rules.....the batteries are done in somewhat of similar manner to my understanding. I think, along with many others that a new system needs to be put in place that gives more notice and goes more along with the racing season.....

Mason, a few points.....I doubt the insurance company would care, as you are releasing them from liability at these lower events. Getting small events sanctioned is the first step in creating an inlet to recruit new racers to the ROAR structure. Local tracks can always apply for deviations to certain rules if needed.

ROAR is trademarked I believe or at least should be.....right there is enough to prevent use of the name. I honestly don't think the companies are gonna have a big issue with it, as I work with a lot of them and some used to be huge supporters....

PW, I think the system for regional races is going to need multiple heads working on it, not just mine......but I would think it could be used both ways honestly.....teams would be inclined to send their guys to race in regionals in hopes of getting some travel money. In the races up here, just getting one big name at the race always seems to help attendance.....its pretty fun to rub fenders with guys like Barry Baker or Todd Hodge....

Advil, you are right.....EXcomm is kind of untouchable once on it......the bylaws have NO provision for the membership to take action against an EXcomm member......they can only be removed by the other EXcomm members....see what I mean by good ole boys club?

DRolds.....join and vote. I have many connections in the non-profit arena that I intend to untilize to provide a accountable governing body through the bylaws......me being in the president seat does have only a vote, but it does give credibility when I call for things to be looked at.

And I suggested bearings in stocks through the Onroad committee......it was shot down, as many seem to believe adding bearings to a stocker would cost $15......really wholesale cost....$0.37 total.....big money there.

Rick, Ralph, and all the others.....thanks for the support.....hopefully you can get your entire teams to vote.

One thing I forgot to put in my letter was increasing the ROAR presence in canada.....we need to get our system working up there. A ton of racers just being left out in the cold....plus, who can argue about going to a big race and catching a maple leafs game!

If I missed a question, I will double check later....I gotta go pull my net out of the river.....hopefully there is fish in it!

Later EddieO
Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On a personel level I think you might a good guy but I don't think a man or woman should run for Roar Prez when they also run a company
Old 10-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I know who I am voting for. But a few questions I have that some have not asked yet.

1. I see that some people will vote because of Eddies popularity and not his positions. But that is ones choice.

2. I like the idea of having the regionals as qualifiers for the Nat's. Most other racing bodies do this.

3.I do not like the idea of paying the winner with an expense paid trip to the worlds. That does not benifit the entire member group. Only a very small percent. What that does is gives the top 10 guys who are always at the top a chance to go. A question that myself would ask why would i join to pay for someone else to go?

4. How can ROAR have it's own tracks? The cost involved to have them staffed and maintained would be way to high. And where do you put them? How does it help the member group as a whole? Will members have a discounted rate since they are already supporting them?

I do not see ROAR from a manufacture stand point. Just as a consumer. The bigest question I have is. How do I benifit from joining ROAR? We have 2 local tracks and we run by ROAR rules. But do not require membership. Plus we do bend them such as to allow brushless 13.5 to run. And we have 4300 and 5800 classes.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
On a personel level I think you might a good guy but I don't think a man or woman should run for Roar Prez when they also run a company
I would agree to that.

So if a change accoured, to allow a new product in. Would Brood be the first to offer the item?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Why not? The Roar president can not do anything on his own. The Excom has to approve any and all new items. The President can not just do it on his own.

Plus our current president has a very Large role with one of the largest gas car manufactures out there.

EA
Old 10-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Why not? The Roar president can not do anything on his own. The Excom has to approve any and all new items. The President can not just do it on his own.

Plus our current president has a very Large role with one of the largest gas car manufactures out there.

EA
Would you feel the same way if Ernie fron Trinity wanted to run for Prez. the out cry would cause a internet shutdown of this forum Mr. Ernie maybe a great guy but there alway that conflict of interest.

Question for Eddie would be able to perform the duties as Roar Prez. when your preparing for a big race and which at sometime but you behind for motors or batteries?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You have some great ideas and i wish you good luck.. however.. i will never vote for a prezident who has any ties to any company is the rc industry.By tie's i mean someone directly related to the profit side of the company.. not a sponsored racer... Like it or not it does form the possibility of rule changes allowing better treatment either for their products, or drivers.that is one reason i did not vote for ernie... Im not saying you wont be different and not aloow this, but for 17 years ive been an on and off meber of Roar.. Its gone down hill, and untill it goes back up to where it once was ill save my 30 bucks on a mebership..

again great ideas and good luck.. hopefully you can help in a forward move for the once great organization..

i do disagree with the national qualifying to be allowed to run.. Not averyone can afford to make a regional out of state.. i only get to do two races a year.. work and money are the reasons.. a regional event will never fit into my schedule..Granted i mainly run oval.. But as prez, the rule need to go both ways..In some ways it sounds like your stopping joe average from geting to participate in his first national event..I rember the first time i got to run a national event.. it felt awesome...But i did not get to run the regionals..

Last edited by burbs; 10-18-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Would you feel the same way if Ernie fron Trinity wanted to run for Prez. the out cry would cause a internet shutdown of this forum Mr. Ernie maybe a great guy but there alway that conflict of interest.
I would vote for Ernie if he was running instead of Eddie. Ernie tried a few years back but the Rule to get into the Prez office suddenly got changed to prevent people from running for Prez unless they have been a Region Director for 2 years....Which Eddie gladly stepped up and did!!

Roar needs change...someone who is going to step up and take action. As most can tell from here on RCtech Eddie is not someone to just sets back and is reactive...He's probably one of the most Pro-Active people on this forum...Something Roar has needed for a long long time.

EA
Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

a national track. a great idea. that would mean that every year i could plan my expenses for that race, just like i do for tcs, ( not that i attend)

i guess once you own a piece of land with a track on it, it can just sit there until race time can't it, i mean i know the TCS national track is used, but is there really that much staffing and up keep. i would think that the guys that use it for the local races keep it up.

you gotta start with ideas. some may work out, some may not, but at least its not the same ole same ole.

our regional is next month, theres like 9 people signed up and it doesn't look like it gonna get any better. the race is point less, except for the tag line you can put on your sig.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lets not forget that some of ROARs glory days where headed by Mr. Mike Reedy himself

How many times can it be said. The current Prez is a distributor for many major players in this industry. Heck...Many positions being held currently are by track owners and people involed with manufactures.

I know some current ROAR people are reading this thread; so here is a question. At the rate things are progressing with the IB cells (4200, 4200shv, 4200wc), I'm guessing a new IB4500 or whatever is very close. This is the same pattern the 3800 followed just before the 4200. The 4200 isn't even ROAR legal yet and I predict it will be out dated in the first few months it's legal.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I will renew my membership and vote for EddieO.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Lets not forget that some of ROARs glory days where headed by Mr. Mike Reedy himself

How many times can it be said. The current Prez is a distributor for many major players in this industry. Heck...Many positions being held currently are by track owners and people involed with manufactures.

I know some current ROAR people are reading this thread; so here is a question. At the rate things are progressing with the IB cells (4200, 4200shv, 4200wc), I'm guessing a new IB4500 or whatever is very close. This is the same pattern the 3800 followed just before the 4200. The 4200 isn't even ROAR legal yet and I predict it will be out dated in the first few months it's legal.
better check your approval list. i believe almost all batteries have been approved for up to and including 4300mah. its on the roar site.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mason
better check your approval list. i believe almost all batteries have been approved for up to and including 4300mah. its on the roar site.
Batteries are approved individually, not up to any rating. So all batteries had to be submitted by Sept 1st of this year to be legal next year. So anything new that comes out with new shrink will have to wait until next year. Most companies just keep the same shrink and add a sticker to the updated cell.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

So, what is the salary of the Roar Pres?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.