Search

2007 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
C'mon people.

I admit that I was weirded out and certainly disagree with the person in the photo's choice.

However, making a joke about the person publicly on the forum isn't right. Leave em alone.

Now making fun of Butter at his own expense is just plain OK.
I have to agree with teamgp on this one... Some things should be left alone...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

If you want to be left alone you don't go to the same places that you went to "before."
Old 02-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
If you want to be left alone you don't go to the same places that you went to "before."
HaHaaaaa!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Thank you so much for using smugmug, it's a pleasure to use. I think they have surpassed Flickr with their latest updates. Here's the working link:

http://tonyp126.smugmug.com/RC

Great shots, I like the saturation bump.
Thanks syndr0me. I appreciate all the kind words. The saturation bump is my camera, I set my D80 to Vivid. And I agree, I think Smugmug is better then Flickr. They have really worked on speeding the site up as well lately.

Since the pics don't have captions, this one is the finish of the 4-cell Pro Mod A. Cyrul won by 0.03 seconds. You can see they crossed the line together (the orange tape on the pipe). The picture sucks but the race and finish were awesome!

http://tonyp126.smugmug.com/photos/129645210-M.jpg
Old 02-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There were some sweet neckbeards at the 'birds.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Wow
Old 02-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Eh, maybe that came out wrong. I just noticed that like two people in all of the pictures didn't have beards and goatees, and I think it's only because they're not old enough to shave.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Maybe we have beards becasue we are moslty MEN and its 20 degrees in alot of the country. You continue to flood this forum with pointless posts and dumb questions. Congratulations. You my friend are a winner.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd like to thank the team that put on a great event at Snowbirds this year. Very well done. The race directors did a fantastic job. Great announcing. I also enjoyed seeing tech inspectors taking motors apart. Everything ran very smooth.

If I could offer two suggestions, the first thing would be: The road course track construction was not favorable to 12th scale. For starters, the material was pipes. The 1/12th wedge shaped cars would just dive under it making the bumpers and bodies nearly useless. Whereas if it's made of a square material, the bumpers and bodies are effective.

Secondly, there were no soft corners at all, only 5 small, very firm flappers. When cars hit the corners, they would either dig under or ricochette off into traffic causing even more carnage to other drivers. The last 2 tracks I built are soft on every corner. Example 1. Example 2.

1/12th is the most durable class but I have never seen so many broken 1/12th scale cars. So many times I saw 8 start, and only 4 or 5 finish.

Yes, there is something to be said about, "well just don't hit anything", but if you aren't touching the track every once in a while, you probably aren't pushing it hard enough. Plus, you can't always prevent the car in front of you from bouncing off and taking you out as well. More soft corners allows for better racing and keeps the flow going smoother.

Overall, it was a fantastic event, and I plan on going next year. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I have to agree with teamgp on this one... Some things should be left alone...
Well, you're right about one thing.....some things should be left alone!!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Maybe we have beards becasue we are moslty MEN and its 20 degrees in alot of the country. You continue to flood this forum with pointless posts and dumb questions. Congratulations. You my friend are a winner.
Thanks Larry, way to take something completely out of context and wrap it up in an insult. And I appreciate the comment about dumb questions, this is the forum where I've learned the most about this hobby by asking questions. I had no idea I'd be judged so critically by someone as prolific in R/C as yourself because I wasn't born with some innate ability to understand everything about radio controlled cars. You're a real benefit to this sport and your sponsors.

It's okay for you guys to make jokes about a curious looking man/woman, but someone makes a remark about 90% of the guys in R/C wearing beards, and suddenly every question you ask is dumb.

At least I'm not a dick.

Last edited by syndr0me; 02-14-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Eh, maybe that came out wrong. I just noticed that like two people in all of the pictures didn't have beards and goatees, and I think it's only because they're not old enough to shave.
a majority of racers are fat/over weight and most Fat men have a beard or goatee b/c they are fat and it helps define the chin....or hide the rest of them Take a look around and you will notice a majority of "big" guys have beards or goatees for this reason.

Yes I have a goatee.......there for I am fat.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's okay for you guys to make jokes about a curious looking man/woman, but someone makes a remark about 90% of the guys in R/C wearing beards, and suddenly every question you ask is dumb.

At least I'm not a dick.
I disagree, I have followed your career and you define the word. Also I made no comments about that picture, im simply defending my lovely facial hair.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kevin K
a majority of racers are fat/over weight and most Fat men have a beard or goatee b/c they are fat and it helps define the chin....or hide the rest of them Take a look around and you will notice a majority of "big" guys have beards or goatees for this reason.

Yes I have a goatee.......there for I am fat.
Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to insinuate there was anything wrong with it. It just stood out because I had just finished looking at 800 pictures of guys with beards, and a few pictures of some R/C cars. I wasn't trying to insult anybody's appearance, fashion, weight or anything else. I've sported a goatee (and neckbeard) on and off for years. Apparently I'm a MAN too. OoOoooh, big deal.

Anyway, I'm off to ask some dumb questions, later.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by turbodog
Well, you're right about one thing.....some things should be left alone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.