Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help on my R/C

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Help on my R/C

hey guys im new with this. i bought a kit Tamiya TA05 and a Futaba Magmum for remote. i got everything working but sometimes in a short range my r/c acts funny like steering wheels moving back and forth and the car start moving forward/backwards.

tried relocating the Antenna. still the same. and also how far can i go with my r/c. it seems i can only go short distance and it start acting funny. is it my reciever bad or my remote? im pretty isnt the car itself. should i get high end remote? i mean this is wat the sales man told me to get. thnx guys!
Old 10-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

now thats what you call glitching.

am radio wont go that far.

high end radio? for newbie wont matter. start running it first. after you get the hang of it. buy a fm ( if you just wanna spend money, or you want to get serious on racing (with a good high end car) then buy a high end radio. or if you just bashing just buy a regular fm radio.

sale man? that why they are called sales man.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Make sure that the reciever is not to close to the speed control....this will cause glitching.

TJ
Old 10-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pinggoy
now thats what you call glitching.

am radio wont go that far.

high end radio? for newbie wont matter. start running it first. after you get the hang of it. buy a fm ( if you just wanna spend money, or you want to get serious on racing (with a good high end car) then buy a high end radio. or if you just bashing just buy a regular fm radio.

sale man? that why they are called sales man.

Thnx man ! so i guess thats normal? i mean cant be normal sometimes while im playing around all sudden it stops responding or it will just steer on its own. thats short distance... how do i fix my glitching?

so any FM radio would work and stop the glitching?
Old 10-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

heres the actual pic of my R/C

i know the wiring are messy bcoz ive been playing with the wires relocating back and forth tryin to figure out which one would work..
Old 10-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Make sure that the reciever is not to close to the speed control....this will cause glitching.
'hey ta05 has different layout than usual car. the receiver and the speedo is serparated by the motor. and its probably small percentage being receiver is too close is also a good reason to say its glitching.

also make sure your antenna wire is fully extended and dont cut it.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

you could switch the receiver and speedo.put the speedo to the back.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Maybe try swapping the position of the receiver and the speed controller, that way the antenna doesn't have to be routed around the motor. this will also allow the antenna to extend further outside the body, might help with a little bit of range.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like a fault or interference to me.
Can you define "not far" as I have used am sets for years and generally they are perfectly adequate.
Fm sets are less likely to glitch but your am set should work well past 60-70metres without problem.

Usual causes of Glitching are faulty aerial or crystals, receiver or transmitter faults, interference from other sets or surroundings, faulty motors or motors with no capacitors, loose wires, speed control .......the list goes on. Make sure your aerial wire is clear of all power wires. I mount my reciver on the steering servo on my Tao5. ESC is behind the motor.

if that doesnt fix it you may need to one by one replace each component until you find the cause of the problem. If you can, borrow a mates receiver and stick that in and try it etc.

If its new, take it back and get the guys that sold it to you to help.

Your AM set should be sufficient until your skill level is at the stage where you want the adjustability of the dearer FM sets.

Last edited by loopedeloop; 10-14-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Try to get receiver and ant antenna away from motor. Do not route antenna around motor. Your am radio will be good for now. Check if antenna wire is frayed or kinked/broken. Fully extend antenna wire. Do not roll or curl up excess wire.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Do as the other posts say and move your ESC and REC. The ant. wire near the motor=glitching! If that isn't it, your crystals may be bad. Had that happen a LONG time ago when I started out. Try new ones that maybe you can borrow from the LHS or a friend.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Thnx Guys problem solve!

relocate the wires and REC/ESC in a better spot away from the motor! thnx for the help! what ya guys think?

heres wat it looks like now

and before:
Old 10-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

is there anyway i can do to make my r/c to steer more to the right? i tried fixing it but it seem the left turn steers more the left. i tried looking at the servo it seems to be max out. i feel that my right turn kinda short.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

have you made sure your camber/turn buckle links are exactly the same length? also have you tried adjusting the trim on your radio?
Old 10-15-2006, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

1. Remove Servo from the car
2. Take Servo Horn/Saver off of servo
3. Turn car on and set steering trim on the radiop to the middle
4. put the horn back on in the dead center of the servo.
5. Reinstall
6. Check front wheels both have level toein or toe out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.