Search

BATTERIE/CHARGING/DISCHARGING HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
GSP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BATTERIE/CHARGING/DISCHARGING HELP

I need your help with this I have been out of the hobby for the past 3 years and I am now getting back into it. I am so confused on batteries I have no idea what type to buy or what to look for in a battery. I have had may diffrent answers on what to buy at my local track but from what I have been reading on this site and others I have no idea what to get. I also have no idea how to charge now or even discharge them anymore. Back 3 years ago my T-35 at 20AMPS discharge was the ticket. Can you all please give me your coments on batteries, chargers, and discharging. I will be running 12th scale and I may be getting a sedan again once I get this all worked out. I am only racing at my local track once a week for fun please keep in mind I am on a budget but I do know batteries are something you need to spend the bucks to be able to win along with good driving. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Last edited by GSP; 10-08-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default batteries

There are three types of batteries, NIMH, NICD, and LIPO. These are at least the ones I know of. I race NIMH packs and they are also the most common for racing. Good NIMH cells are generally around $50-70. To charge your NIMH cells you need a charger (duh!). A good charger would be a Team Orion Advantage charger ($120). It can charge all the types of batteries I've listed, even LIPOs. For discharging, a Novak Smart Tray or Flatline is what you want. Just go on towerhobbies.com to find out more about novak and team orion products. I say you would have to spend money on 3 NIMH matched packs (about $150), a charger (about $100) and a discharger ($80 for Novak Smart Tray). Hope this helps you.

-TC4 racer