Corally SP12M

Old 12-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Corally SP12M

Hey All,

I've got a new SP12M AHONIEMI EUROS SPEC kit coming... anyone have any good tips or setup info?
Old 12-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

By the way, I asked Corally for a good starting stock setup, and here's what Sakke Ahoniemi sent back:

The way that 12MAhoniemi comes is best starting setup. Just cut tires smaller (rear 46 - 47mm, front 41.5 - 42.5mm), superglue tire side walls and set ride height to 3mm. And do not forgot to check that ball joint are free and diff is working good and add some diff lube to tube dampers.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
By the way, I asked Corally for a good starting stock setup, and here's what Sakke Ahoniemi sent back:
I'd say that's pretty good, though I had to touch and feel my way to get to that point. I tried a lot of ire combos and gold rears silver fronts was the best on carpet. Rather than diff lube I am using Trinity purple stuff which is super thick but still may not be thick enough. I would also go a little bigger with your tires at first or else you'll be going through a full set every week or two.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is a great car I ran it for the first time this weekend and it was awsome (I stunk but that's another story ) The diffs are super smooth and the car tracks awsome you won't be dissapointed?
I just got some dampner syrup does anyone use it? Which is a good starting point?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

ok this is the set up I run (well was told to run by a corally driver

Ozite carpet

1.2 springs on the front
2.4mm graphite cross brace on front
3mm ride height
extra thick damper gloop, some even use diff grease.
Pink rear
Silver fronts
Tweak screws front

that was it....on rails i would say

VERY point and shoot, this will go where you point it, unlike the 12L4 which can drift sharp turns
Old 12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Originally Posted by subman
This is a great car I ran it for the first time this weekend and it was awsome (I stunk but that's another story ) The diffs are super smooth and the car tracks awsome you won't be dissapointed?
I just got some dampner syrup does anyone use it? Which is a good starting point?
I've tried CRC tube lube, a couple different diff lubes, Corally syrup, and none of it is thick enough. You need to use super stiff/sticky diff lube or the Trinity purple stuff is the best I've found so far.

No car today huh Subman? I guess things are taking a day or two more with the holidays and all. By the way don't freak when you look at the first set of tires, I threw in an extra set of chunked golds in case you wanted the rims or wanted to practice with em.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BritRacer
ok this is the set up I run (well was told to run by a corally driver

Ozite carpet

1.2 springs on the front
2.4mm graphite cross brace on front
3mm ride height
extra thick damper gloop, some even use diff grease.
Pink rear
Silver fronts
Tweak screws front

that was it....on rails i would say

VERY point and shoot, this will go where you point it, unlike the 12L4 which can drift sharp turns
Running on newer CRC carpet I liked gold rears much better, I was traction rolling a bit the first couple laps with the pinks They weren't superglued but even if they were for stock racing I think they were just going to scrub speed. I will say the pinks seem more durable and I was struggling with other parts of my setup (mainly finding damper lube that was thick enough) so that could have been a big part of the traction issues.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ike
No car today huh Subman? I guess things are taking a day or two more with the holidays and all. By the way don't freak when you look at the first set of tires, I threw in an extra set of chunked golds in case you wanted the rims or wanted to practice with em.
It's no big deal it is a back up car. Total impulse buy I've gotten Corally crazy lateley
Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Originally Posted by subman
It's no big deal it is a back up car. Total impulse buy I've gotten Corally crazy lateley
That's the only reason why I had two of em... My main car just didn't want to break though. Now that I've said that I'm sure I'll break my SP12M next time I run it , at least I still have another backup car though.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bob N, after watching Atomic and Joor run the car recently I am convinced its the car to get. Corally stepped up the game with the 1/10 offering. I am looking to get both scales soon.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
hey Bob,
i ran mine in Vegas pretty much straight outta the box with pink rears... great at first, but as the bite came up, it was a bit soft. Toso gave me the pinks to try, as they were on his car, but he was in Mod, of course. in stock i thought it may have had too much bite.

Wes
Old 12-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks all. I think I'm going to enjoy this car
Old 12-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

does anyone use the plastic batt. trays for this car? Is there trays that fit the new 3800's?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i dont know if there are different trays, but the ones that came in my Euro Ahoniemi car fit the 3800s just fine. they were a little tight, but it worked just fine.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

HMMM maybe I need to order some new ones because mine aren't even close!
Hey IKE does the one your sending me have some?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.