R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #31
Tech Master

I have been having ill feelings the last few years stacking heats based on previous years at the birds. I hear from new guys coming each year that it isn't fair. And I do agree. If we do 4 heats I want to make it real racing again and random the rounds. We would run 1st two rounds... do a resort run the 3rd round... then do another resort before 4th round. In a way, this is racing, and facing all the random variables is part of it. This might focus more on driving in the heats.... and even more fair for all..
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 AM   #32
Tech Master

I will be posting sponsors and more in the upcoming weeks! I was planning on starting the race promotion in a few weeks but it is good to see racers excited and talking about it already! So far over 15 sponsors are returning. I can not thank them enough for all the support.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:47 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
well alot of times the reason why a racer will miss the B and lower mains is because they are running two or more classes and a lot of times with the same car and they dont want to risk any damage to the car.

it also gives them more time to relax and prepare for the A mains

i have also seen racers not run their mains to help out their teammates

and like it or not it is more important to win the A then it is to win the B or C
I've also heard of some poor sports at the IIC race who slept rather than run their mains because they didn't make the "A". A very bad reflection of a person and their sponsors
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 AM   #34
Tech Master

We have a sponsor that wants to help promote racing in the lower mains on Sunday by offering prizes/money to guys if they do good/run a good time/etc. He is working out details but if it comes together it will be great fun for Sunday too. I will let him post on this.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #35
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No sorting or stacking, If the fast guys are truly fast let them work the field and earn it. Same rules apply to everyone, that's how you even up yours and everyone elses chances, and as for bump ups..... that's the best thing you can do to promote a 100% competitive event.
BigBlock45R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:44 PM   #36
Tech Rookie
Default mrjones

i tried to post this earlier with no success. mike and i have been talking about generating enough interest to get u guys to come out and run the c and d mains we think the b is taken care of with the bump up and they will probably be some of the best racing of the week. we have some ideas for an incentive program but give us some feed back before we have to cast it in stone thanks
mrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Dave...I can also assure you that Bowser understands exactly how bump-ups work, but he just doesn't agree with it. Why the heck are you trying to put someone down because they don't agree with you. You made your point and he made his...why the personal attack

Mike...Please make sure this guy doesn't speak for you or the Snowbirds.

btw...i think the bump up might be kinda cool, but not sold yet. What would happen with the BQ helmet; does it bump up also
Larry Pryor
P-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #38
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's nice to hear they will consider an extra heat. 3 rounds of qualifying for a week of racing is lame.

I like bump ups like gas cars have. Every main can bump up. Just a bump up to the A from the B is more of a gimmick. Bump ups just aren't that great for electric.
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

I'm all for the extra round, but I'm honestly not a big fan of the bump up.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #40
Tech Master

Thanks for all the thoughts! Just curious why some don't like b-main bump-ups.... I personally think it would be a lot of fun. 1 guy will be upset but 9 more will be excited.... plus it will be so cool to watch!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #41
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i say have a bump up for each main, it would make for very exciting racing if someone bumps up for a few mains
Mark Burt
Thanks to:
TRINITY - Revtech - Awesomatix USA - Side Piece Racing - Roche RC USA - Darkside Motorsports - Genesis R/C Raceway
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #42
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i like the bump up
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #43
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm in favor of all these changes. After racing for many years (two decades, skills not proportional!) it will be very exciting to finally see something different. Even if one of these changes doesn't pan out to be a good idea, at least we tried it and it may lead to another change that's even better!

The extra resorts would help good drivers with bad luck (aka:Smyka 2006). The extra round of qualifying, instead of the club race (which were fun too), is welcome in the context of a weeklong race. The bump-up is also great for the simple reason that it makes the B-main just as important as the A-main, for the drivers sitting in qualifying spots 10-19 (me, for the last couple years). In a sense, it adds 9 more people to the list of possible winners on Saturday afternoon. Talk about creating buzz in the pits, this will pack the ballroom on Saturday afternoon! Me likey.

How much time would it take to resort after every round? Necessitate another computer?
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #44
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I know I'm gonna get $hit for this but I like the bump ups. I'd like to see the first 8 locked in and then bump up the top 2 finishers in the B. This gives anyone who qualifies in the top 18 to win. I feel that change is good and this will set the Birds apart (untill others copy it )

One question if you're going to run the lower mains on Saturday does that mean triple A-Mains on Sunday?

As far as the BQ helmet goes who knows a guy good be BQ and Champ all in the same weekend
follow me @RC3grafix on Instagram for pictures of my paint work.
PaintingRoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #45
Tech Master

rolly the way mike explained to me only the B mains would run on saturday after qualifing is done.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote