Wiki Posts
Search

Does drinking a lot of Coffee affect you as a driver

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:57 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I like to wack off just before my race. REALLY calms the nerves. Try the last stall at The Gate if anyone's interested. The stall just seems to have the right ora.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In all seriousness - caffeine messes with your adrenals which will send your mind on a rollercoaster ride - which is not good for racing as it will cause serious brain-fade. I have trained a few professional motorcycle racers and in setting them up on programs the first thing that I do is get them off the caffeine.

Although in moderate doses, caffeine can help give you a little boost – it’s the overuse that we are accustomed to that causes problems. There are much better alternatives out there to boost your energy – while not making you jittery. One product that I have recommended with some excellent results was called Ultra Focus. Something that you may want to look into if you are looking for a little mental boost come race time.

Other things to ensure you have is adequate water levels – dehydration can account for mental fog… as can low levels of glucose (blood sugar) – so make sure you eat about an hour before racing.

I’ll get off my human science geek-box now.

Last edited by duckman996; 12-11-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alb
I like to wack off just before my race. REALLY calms the nerves. Try the last stall at The Gate if anyone's interested. The stall just seems to have the right ora.
At the GAYte I'm suprised they let you do it yourself?

So would White Castles be a good way to regulate my blood sugar levels?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alb
I thought the purpose of this thread was to STOP your hand from shaking.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

imagine a hot girl is standing there at the finish line wainting for you when you finish first!
you'd better get there first, drink some red-bull and you'll jump on the drivers stand till you're finished
Old 10-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

ThEY InstallED a NEW CoFFEe Machine AT work and it maKEs These coOOL CaPPiChheinoES and I tihnk IF I had one of these at the TRack I could RaCe and MarsheL At tHe SAME TIME!!!!!!!! And THen run to My pits and THEn CharGe My BattEries Then Check the TwEek of My car In BEtween LAps JuSt In CASE I Hit SomeThing Then Get bACK to THe TRack And
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ
Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markiempje
imagine a hot girl is standing there at the finish line wainting for you when you finish first!
My point of wacking off!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats funny I know if i drink caffine when I race I find my own driving unpredictable, kinda like wy brain can't focus and send messages to my hands before I want it to. PGS...pipe guidance system.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alb
Is this before or after scadumbo visits that stall ?????
Old 10-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So who goin' to be the first to market energy drink toward Rc driving, Let me make the first suggestion

RC Crack Juice
Crack the competition not your concentration
Old 10-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
I take a Vicodin - 1hr before a race.... MMMMmmm good drugs... to calm the nerves.
I have some back issues that I have to take pain killers and muscle relaxers for, on a regular basis. It sucks if I have to take something at the track. I've been on it so long, normally, I can hardly feel Vicodin. (Other than it taking the edge off the back pain.) Unless I'm at the track. I know they slow my reactions down. I try not to take anything if I can help it. But at the same time, trying to race while you're having back spasms isn't exactly fun either.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I thought the purpose of this thread was to STOP your hand from shaking.
LOL
Old 10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I have some back issues that I have to take pain killers and muscle relaxers for, on a regular basis. It sucks if I have to take something at the track. I've been on it so long, normally, I can hardly feel Vicodin. (Other than it taking the edge off the back pain.) Unless I'm at the track. I know they slow my reactions down. I try not to take anything if I can help it. But at the same time, trying to race while you're having back spasms isn't exactly fun either.
Yeah - I have had to take them for a recent foot surgery. I must admit -- I was on them at the IIC and my knee caps didn't shake once... I was extremely calm for being at such a huge event.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

so have wack is like having a wank or bash the bishop or slap the salami

is that the same thing ??
Old 10-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well I have noticed about 5 or 6 pros that step WAY out back to take a smoke. to each there own I say. but I know serveral local guys that do the same and they claim it does smooth them out. I wouldn't know but I have taken to only drinking gatorade or powerade at big races. might be an age thing as I get towards the masters class, but too much mello yello was giving me headaches when I would go back to the room at night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.