Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The 4-Tec: RC Sad Story that NEEDS FEEDBACK!!!!! >

The 4-Tec: RC Sad Story that NEEDS FEEDBACK!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 4-Tec: RC Sad Story that NEEDS FEEDBACK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Get a T2r, best bang for you buck, and at US$200, its a steal, $50 on your novak esc, a borrowed radio gear, get a silver can motor for about $10 (10% slower than a stock motor, but almost no maintainence), get a few s/h batts, a body and some wheels with the $50 and your done

(people do look down on silver can motors but seriously I have never broken any parts in my xrays from collisions, and I am only 1 sec a lap slower than the stock boys)
Old 10-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Make sure to tell your freind if he gets a TC4 or an Xray T2, that the other racers are going to eventually tell him that those cars suck too, and that he needs to get the new touring car flavor of the month.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

As others have said,if he gets a tc4 you can help each other with setups and you have spares.

The main consideration is that he feels ready for a new car,if he can drive relatively consistantly and cannot get any more out of the car then that would be the best time to upgrade

does your friend prefer shaft driven or belt driven?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

FYI practice is the best hop-up for improving lap speeds, besides this tires and power are probably your friends biggest set back he should first imporve tires then get comparable power them think about spending the large dollars.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Flflash
IMO your friend should continue to race his 4-Tec improveing and honing his driving skills and set-up knowledge until HE feels he is ready to step up to a better chassis. This hobby is about fun and learning not what you have to have to race!
i agree Flflash, rc cars is about having fun. To many guys at a club near me take it way to seriously and don't realy seem to be enjoying themselves.....
Old 10-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

I would suggest you and your friend running the same car.

Share parts, Share tips etc..

tc3 or tc4 is a great car for a new and a pro..

the 4tec could be holding him back.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the great feedback! I think this really helped and we're gonna be making some BIG $$$ (ebay, car wash, mowing lawns) over the weekend. He's leaning towards the FT TC4, one, cause I have it and I can help him and two, it's only $200! I didn't know that Cyclone made a sport kit. That sounds like a really cool car. Once again, thanks.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I'd say get the T2R, its the best value car on the market. top quality and you always have the option to upgrade to a carbon fiber chassis like the BMI one later on. thats what i did and it's one of the best cars at the track. Don't get the cyclone S. i've only heard bad things about them
Old 10-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default RC sad story

It does suck someone telling you that you are racing something that is not supposed to be raced. Rather than them being excited that there is someone new to the sport and will add to the head count, there are always people like this in any sport. Being new to R/C I'm not surprised to hear this. Anyway I knew I saw this link somewhere and I found it, TC4 $189.99.

http://stormerhobbies.com/
Old 10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ldp787
It does suck someone telling you that you are racing something that is not supposed to be raced. Rather than them being excited that there is someone new to the sport and will add to the head count, there are always people like this in any sport. Being new to R/C I'm not surprised to hear this. Anyway I knew I saw this link somewhere and I found it, TC4 $189.99.

http://stormerhobbies.com/
Please dont but the "TEAM" edition for 189.00 when you can buy the Factory Edition on sale from AE link posted previously above.

Factory edition listed at 334.00 on this site.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

buy not but
Old 10-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Also your friend should only get a car that he can buy parts readily from local shops.

if your local shop doesnt support xray he shouldn't get a t2r.

he's not going to enjoy the hobby if he has to wait a week to fix parts.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New AE belt car, but what happens to the FT TC4?

I know associated is making a new belt car. Maybe the TC5? But what will happen to the FT TC4 and team versions besides them being sold for $200 and $190. Will they get discontinued? Or will they keep on making parts for the TC4 kits? Thanks to anyone who knows.

-tc4 racer