Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
car balancing problems >

car balancing problems

car balancing problems

Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default car balancing problems

hi guys. i have a problem with my car balancing, i have a t2 with futaba 9450 servo, gtb speedy, spektrum reciever, and a 540 motor, on the other side i just have 4200ib battery, the electronic side is more heavier. would it be wise to add more weight on the battery side or somehow put the gtb on the battery side?? also if added weights, watz the most cheapest option i could do without buying proper hudy weights???

thanks.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's a fairly common problem with those running the GTB as it's reasonably heavy.

Try moving the electronics inward towards the centre-line of the chassis. It will definately help.

If there's no more space, then it's time to add lead weights to the battery side. I suspect there isn't enough space to mount the GTB on the battery side anyway.

Lead weights are available as lead weight sheet from Tamiya, or blocks from various manufacturers. Another cheap source (cheapest by far!!!), is your local tire store. They'll have adhesive lead weights for wheel balancing on full sized cars.

Usually come in a strip with small sections for 5g and 10g that you can snap off.

Mount small weights outboard to balance the car with the minimum amount of weight required.

Running MOD - the extra weight is a small penalty, for a much better balanced car. Less so for the classes where power is at a premium...

Old 10-04-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

A nickel weighs 5 grams. Don't ask me how I know. If you have room, this is a cheap alternative.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

although i dont have the gtb but i did encounter weight distribution problem every time i have a new car and new electronics.. before i used to have weights but sometime you really wanted to even out the weight which is so impossible.. it made my car heavier.. and as what they say the lighter it is the faster. so now i just even it out with electronics moving to center and adjusting the shocks... try that. if not just add a little weghts..
Old 10-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

You could try putting your battery connections on the outside of the battery, also as the GTB has heaps of wire as standard try reducing the amount of wire going to you motor, might only be a couple grams lost but it all adds up
Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ok , thank you guys, thats helped me out heaps

its good to see that people help other people out over rctech forums, mkaings racing more fun.

have fun racing guys