Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 cars and choices?.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 12 cars and choices?.....

hi every1, im a new poster, and the 12th forum seemed very large, so i thought i would start a new thread.
at the moment i race a calandra brck, in england on carpet. and im looking into the future of next season. basically i have sorted out my batteries and motors, but i need to know about cars.
my choices are :- (in order of preference)
1) Trinity sb12 spashett edition
2) associated rc12l3 team

I love the purple of the trinity, and several drivers that race at my local club run them, plus i would have good backup on setups.
my other choice, the l3, is basically the same as my carpet knife, and i picked it as my second choice as its about the easiest to get hold of. I am finding that t-bar cars are more appealing at the moment, dont know why?!.

what do you think of the trinity? i REALLY like it, and cant stop lookiong at it, if i did get the l3, and think i would be a little dissapointed, as i would have wanted the trinity.

thanks guys
Old 02-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Which car can you get parts for most easily? That may make a difference.

Have you considered the Corally 12th scale? Don't know if it is less expensive in England because it is made in Holland (?). Very unique.

We own a 12L3 but the Switchblade has some advantages:
If you want color, then get the Switchblade. Color costs extra on the 12L3. If the Switchblade comes standard with lowered pods, then get it. The Switchblade also has damper tubes which provide one more tuning option. Multiple servo mounting postions also may make it easier to mount a small servo. I had to drill a hole in my 12L3 to mount a small servo.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

parts are not a prblem on either cars. i know the corally is fast, but i dont seem to like it, it hasnt got enough anodized bits for my likin!! hehe. i think im set on the trinity , but is there anything about the car that i should know? would u recommend it?

also where is a good place on the internet to but the trc tyres mounted onto trc rims? is it possible to get the black trc rims anymore or do you need to get the yellow ones?

is the trinity good out of the box or do i need different t-bars etc? what spares would you recomemnd i buy straight off with the car?

what bodys work well with the car, with my brck it was the parma bentley speed 8 that was the best, anymore? i basically want to figure out how much $£$ i will need, and wether or not i am amkin the right decision.

ANY feedback is greatly appreciated.
thanks
Old 02-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As with any t-bar car get extra t-bars, steering hubs.
Parts like center springs, front springs, axles can all be used from your current CK....

For T-bars ask the local guys which one they use and get a large stash of them.....
Old 02-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

as for t-bars, the thicker .75 one is recommended for the 12L3.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The trinity car should be good out of the box. You will probably have to do some fine tuning with t-bars and damper goo and springs and stuff to get it dialed to your track...but the box setup should good enough to drive. There are several guys running the trinity car at my track and it is dominant over the carpet knife's, speedmerchants, and L3's.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok guys, thanks alot for your help. im goping to buy a switchblade
thanks