Wiki Posts
Search

Dave Chappelle hooked on RC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
When I was in H.S and worked at a Hobby Shop in Chicago we had DMX and R Kelly stop in once and a while along with a bunch of other rappers that ran with them. They use to drag race nitro cars some place on the south side of Chicago for big bucks. They spared no expense when it came to RC cars. There was an episode of MTV cribs with some young rapper on there and he pulled out a duffle bag and had a Nitro 4-Tec or HPI Nitro car in there and said this is what he really races. We also had Bears and Bulls players stop in and buy planes, helicopters, boats and just about anything else. There are celebrities out there that are into this but none really that get any air play about it.

Maybe Chappelle will do something to bring some sort of exposure to RC car racing.
R Kelly was probably only there looking for young girls hangin' around the shop with their moms.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ok

all of the kottonmouth kings are in to it thay run 1/8th at kz in cali.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Saw Zach Braff and Faison Love

Zach Braff and Faison Love from Scrubs were running ready to runs with some kids they new at Socal Raceway about a year and a half ago
Old 09-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Big Pimpin Flava Flav was at the South Coast Hotel during the night of the IIC.....just gambling but he was there and some racers got pics with him! I got a spy shot!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

tony stewart isnt just an oval driver. he raced at the snowflake jmc/jaco onroad race in va last year and finished 4th in the a main (infront of paul Lemieux and 2 other factory drivers). that was his first onroad race too. i been (from someone at a nascar magizine company that i know) told that when alot of nascar drivers race each other on the weekends to past time.
Attached Thumbnails Dave Chappelle hooked on RC?-snowflake2.jpg   Dave Chappelle hooked on RC?-snowflake3.jpg  
Old 09-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Tech Adept

Aussie shooting gold medalist Michael Diamond comes into Kelletts Hobbies all the time and spends thousands lol

cheers
Chris
Old 10-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Back in the day Tony stopped by Racers Haven in Bakersfield just to check out the paved oval racing, I think he is buddies with Gary Hamilton...I have also met Rick Mears at the same shop picking up parts for his RC plane and John Force stopped by one time just to check out the track. Man those were the days.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have heard Bobby LaBonte is big into RC racing.
There was Kevin Harvick special where he was playing with his RC trucks a few years back.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

All 3 of the Gramatica brothers(NFL/ex-NFL kickers) race nitro off-road around here.