R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default motor capabilities

I'm kinda new with electric, I just purchased a reedy spec 19 turn motor with bearings for my tc3. I also have the smc 3300 batt. About how long can you run these motors at wot before they over heat and possibly seize up?
I think thats how i ruined my stock power 19 turn motor. I ran it wot for a while and heard the motor make a grinding noise and then it just seized up.
Thanks for info.
bbmfkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:19 AM   #2
Tech Elite

An electric motor isn't like a nitro engine - you shouldn't expect any problems running at full throttle for long periods, if the car is sensibly geared.

If you're geared too high and making the motor overheat, that will cause problems - also, were you running on a dirty street, because a small rock getting caught in the wrong part of the motor could cause damage.

You've got to keep motors clean for good reliability
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:42 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your help. As a matter of fact i was on a school parking lot, there were some small little pieces of stone on it. I was only running it for maybe a minute and a half at wot. Then it seized up. I can't even turn the motor shaft.
bbmfkp is offline   Reply With Quote