Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Home Made Batteries?! >

Home Made Batteries?!

Home Made Batteries?!

Old 02-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Thanx for all the tips man! BUT the sprint for me really is just gonna be a starter car. I wasnt really gonna spend alot on hop ups for it. I am saving for a XXX-S so i can make that one hopped up son of a gun.

Anyway, thanx for all the tips everyone!!
Old 02-11-2003, 12:16 PM
Regional Moderator

that being the case my best suggestion is to buy the losi used. you should get at least a few spare parts with it and you will come out far ahead of buying the new kit. you will break arms, carriers, rims etc. and having them come with the deal eases the pain of ownership.

good luck to you and put in as many laps as you can.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Soooo ur telling me the XXXs is a bad car? i noticed u beating around the bush alittle so to speak...... Mabye the TC3? HEY GUYS COME ON I DONT KNOW WTF IM DOING IM NEW TO ELECTRIC GIMME SOME GOOD CAR NAMES FOR CRYEN OUT LOUD hehe

If the XXXS sucks balls just tell me... i dont like breaking stuffs i suck at re-pairing!
Old 02-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Regional Moderator

both the losi and the tc3 are excellent cars. what I meant was that as a newbie, until you get better at driving, you WILL hit the boards and you will break parts eventually on any car.

Actually, from a toughness standpoint, the sprint is a pretty tough car. that is part of the reason why it is not as fast as others. more reinforcement= more weight = slower speed and reaction time.

just buy whatever car has good parts support in your area and pay less attention to what is winning the IFMAR/ ROAR or whatever national title. until you put enough time in to develop your skills, you will not be able to use those hyper light/ fast cars to their fullest advantage.