Pro 4 on the way!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro 4 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

The Pro 3 wasnt a bad car the only problem is they called what should have been an RS4 3 a PRO 3, when they should have been givin us atleast a Spec V.

I dont think I am gonna get a Pro 4 maybe by the time they get to a Pro5 I will feel enough congidence in their brand again.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRF414M
Dear Frank,

The reason why some people said PRO 4 is coming out within 6 months because in the RC World Magazine. Hara told them that HPI Japan is planning to release PRO 4 in July or August of this year.
Yep and I'm waiting for the very date that they will sell it ... My money is on HPI and Alex Racing too

-Dave
Old 02-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Please forgive the stupid question guy's but my curiosity is killing me............It appears that the anticipation you guy's are showing for the Pro 4 is tremendous !! I honestly think you HPI folks are showing more enthusiasm than the Tamiya guy's did for the EVO3.I honestly have no experience with HPI......Am I missing something that I really should try?? Do you guy's believe the Pro4 will be THAT different from the EVO ?? Looks very much the same from the pics I've seen. I have always secretly liked the Pro3 chassis layout so I'm looking for somebody to clue me in. Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

I do not have any high expectation and I will not be the first one to buy any HPI car. This is the experience that I have from Pro 3. I do not want to waste my limited resource on a car that I know is not going to be fully Options.

Pro 4 is like the rest of the shaft car before. It is not going to be any big surprise. They are testing the car with battery on the left and on the right. Unless they can find a way to solve the limitation on the Spur Gear Selection. Other than that, it will just like the same of the rest in the market.

I am sticking to my Pro 2 in the meantime.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Alot of us on this board are always looking for something new. I myself will buy a Pro4 as soon as it is released, It looks very promising, and HPI has been very good to me in the past. If you feel burned by any car, maybe take some time and get some opinions before you buy it. I had a Pro 3 and it was a decent car for asphalt, not my cup of tea, but HPI quickly adressed it issues.
With the two new releases it appears HPI is really getting into the "Race "Scene.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dino, from my opinion, the Pro 3 was a very easy car to drive... Very good for the beginning racer...
Old 02-14-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Cool Bummed about the Pro3 but not the Pro4

I have to say that I thought that the Pro3 would be a little bit better performer than it was... don't get me wrong .it's a great car...it just needs a lot of TLC to get it to work right .. But I think that I'll have a lot more faith in the new design that HPI is doing .. for one it's chaft driven.!! ...and two it night and day from what HPI has done in the past.... I.E. Change from the norm..( even if it's not the most new ground breaking design.... it will still be a fresh idea that is welcomed )...
and best of all you wont have to worry about putting the damn batterys in the car with the HPI or Hotbodies Upper deck!!!!!

-Dave
Old 02-14-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Spooky and JDM,
Dave...I just e-mailed you before I got on rctech. Need honest opinions on this one. It seems that alot of you had issues with the PRO3 in particular so many of the comments I've read were directed at it. Do you feel the quality and engineering of HPI is on par with Tamiya. To me it seems HPI tends to be more unique in their designs.Rarely have I seen comments where " does that part or that chassis look just like somebody else's". Or from some research I'm doing....Some designs share a good number of parts or you need to use somebody else's parts to make the thing work right. These are from drivers comments. Thoughts??
Old 02-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

any manufacturers tried this configuration before ?
Attached Thumbnails Pro 4 on the way!-config21.jpg  
Old 02-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by utieh
any manufacturers tried this configuration before ?
The Tamiya F201 is similar with the the dual drive shaft configuration...but the car is very slow.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:43 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I think a dual-shaft system is too inefficient for an electric powered car. On a nitro car you are ok, because the engine has enough torque that it should not matter.

I think that system could work with a dual belt setup, although given the placement of the motor, I think that weight distribution would be an issue.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

on the f201 the axle is not straight and is too high, on this configuration, the axle is totally straight and low as on a tc3, the only problem is that there is 2 more points of contact between the moving parts and the rest of the car
i really don t know if it could work but the car would be perhaps better balanced. (in my opinion)
Old 02-14-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
I think a dual-shaft system is too inefficient for an electric powered car. On a nitro car you are ok, because the engine has enough torque that it should not matter.

I think that system could work with a dual belt setup, although given the placement of the motor, I think that weight distribution would be an issue.
for a dual belt setup it's been done. RcLab has the motor set in the middle and batteries in back. see:
http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/80.html
Old 02-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

it is easier with belt trans.cars to have a good weight balance there are a lot of possibilities, if i ve putted the batts front and the motor in the rear there wouldn't have been enough place for the steering servo (except if it is placed in the rear with a very long rod....)
note : the center axle can be solid and one piece style, it just needs some thing to attach the spur gear in the middle.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

you would have problems balancing the car with the offset motor and saddle batteries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.