R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default gt 7

I need help on gt 7 hook-up. I am trying to install my gt7, but I am wondering if it was wired correctly from the person I got it from ebay. I already downloaded the instructions from goggles, but it really does not help me. questions: 1 where does the black lead go , to the motor or battery plug. The diagram confused me because I will be using regular batterys instead of the 4 to 6 cell pack showed in the diagram, along with the extra wire going somewhere I do not know. 2 I read if I had the wrong reciever I could hurt the esc, which one do I use , I have the AI super micro reciever that came with the tc4, I have the Ai narrow band , both 27Mhz, and a futaba fp-r122je (bec).
jkgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #2
Tech Regular

whaat ever receiver works as long as its for rc ... their would be 2 black wires i think.i got the qc2 and it has two black wires that always go to the negative side of the motor and battery .if you only have 3 wires . if there is 2 black then just add one red to the other red.just make a "Y" like wire.if you didnt get what i explane just follow the Y for.
jinkasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looking at my GT7 it has 3 wires coming out of the esc. 1 black, 1 blue, and 1 red. There should also be a smaller red and black that goes to a capacitor. The 1-black goes to you battery, 1-blue goes to the negative side of your motor, 1-red goes to the motor. There should also a red wire coming from under a piece heatshrink tubing that also goes to the battery. Hope this helps.
bizkit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #4
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bizkit has the right idea, Black is your battery negative, blue is your motor negative, and red is your battery positive. Add a splice off the red positive to your motor positive.

And like Jinkasama said, any esc will work as long as it's for RC.
Happy motoring
Deves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

I just want to think u guys again with the gt 7 installation info, without u guys I woukld have been gave up . Thank u I put the gt7 in my tc4 with the stock associated 15 turn motor. Mann!!! this car is crazy quick, but too bad I cannot drive her because I crashed into wall and broke left rear hub. But without the wheel on and a near dead battery it blew the duratrax 100 out the gate. Thanks again guys. Now let me get back and watch my birds destroy the 49rs
jkgilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote