Search

New Servo Option....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:20 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default New Servo Option....

Well now that I am in the market for a new servo (see "How to Tell if an ESC is FRIED?!" thread), I am looking for suggestions on good servos for 1/10 electric touring cars. My last one was a Futaba S9402 (don't even make them anymore) and Futabas are all I have ever used. I am open to anything, but hopefully it won't break the bank. I am a college student, not Marc Rheinard
Old 09-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

I am still using my 9402! it is just as fast and torquey as all the digital servos out there... i did change though... since i got my evo 5 and use the new KO low profile speedo with it.... it is awesome.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

I just got a futaba s9550. It's good!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

try the ko propo 2343 servo much faster and has a good amount and torque. its a digital servo..
Old 09-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
Well now that I am in the market for a new servo (see "How to Tell if an ESC is FRIED?!" thread), I am looking for suggestions on good servos for 1/10 electric touring cars. My last one was a Futaba S9402 (don't even make them anymore) and Futabas are all I have ever used. I am open to anything, but hopefully it won't break the bank. I am a college student, not Marc Rheinard
The servo is one of the components I would spend extra money on. It will make a big difference in performance of your driving, and because it is a stress component, durability is very important. I currently run Futaba 9550's, this is a low profile servo. It is a teriffic servo for T/C's, it is fast, compact and lite-weight. I have had the servo's for three race season and have never had any problems what so ever. If I was shopping for a servo today I would also look at the KoPropo Low Profile Servo. I have had great experiences with Ko Propo's other products and I know from speaking with other racers they make very good servos. I understand they are more money then other servos in the market, but buying quality once is normally cheaper then having to buy something cheaper twice. Good Luck!