Xray T2'007

Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
I thought that changed with the 2008 ROAR Rules? If not, how in the hell can you add 150+ grams to the side of a car using a LiPo being that LiPo is now ROAR legal for 2008?

When I was running the Orion 3200 on my T2 '007, I stuck all but 35 grams on the outer rounded edge of the battery.
I hear you
Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Sorry Dude. I dont know where you can buy them? Maybe call RC america.

Just install the bullet connectors right onto the speedo wires and plug them into the battery. But be careful not to put them in backwards!!
I just find out that it is HUDY:s weels in all pitcures
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

hi guys, quick question: I bought my 007 second hand, just wondering if the long sway bar is the front or the rear? cheers
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

rear IIRC
Old 02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

i have a 007 us carpet spec. i am trying to run rubber tires on carpet. the problem is when i set the car up to turn good it will roll over. my friend has a t2 and when i use the exact same set up as him it flips over. is my chassis just to stiff. i have tried every thing. any advice. maybe a good set up.

Last edited by xraysteve; 02-08-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by xraysteve
i have a 007 us carpet spec. i am trying to run rubber tires on carpet. the problem is when i set the car up to turn good it will roll over. my friend has a t2 and when i use the exact same set up as him it flips over. is my chassis just to stiff. i have tried every thing. any advice. maybe a good set up.
Yes, the Rubber Spec chassis are designed to flex a little more. You should try widening the suspension by using 3mm of shims under the arms front/rear.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

if i widen my wheel base then i will lose steering. that is what i don't want to do. is there some thing else?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

On the US Carpet edition, you can still adjust the chassis flex... you can't go as soft as the EU Pavement edition, but it should help.

Have a look at the Instruction Manual and/or Setup Book (if you don't have one, it's published on the TeamXray.com site).
Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xraysteve
Try to put some super glue on the sides of the front tires. This prevents that the front wheels suddenly build up grip mid corner.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have actually tried the 007 with various tire setups including foam, rubber, and plastic (for drifting). The rubber grips is so high that it would grip on the turns and flip the car onto the hood. I had to lay the shocks down (in towards the center on the top and out on the bottom), put in softer springs to allow some roll, installed silver sway bar in the front, set the end point adjustments lower on the radio, file the outside edges of the tires and really slow down in the tight turns and it would still flip sometimes. I don't think you can really ever get it not to flip over because there is so much traction roll.
Tech Regular

I have actually tried the 007 with various tire setups including foam, rubber, and plastic (for drifting). The rubber grips is so high that it would grip on the turns and flip the car onto the hood. I had to lay the shocks down (in towards the center on the top and out on the bottom), put in softer springs to allow some roll, installed silver sway bar in the front, set the end point adjustments lower on the radio, file the outside edges of the tires and really slow down in the tight turns and it would still flip sometimes. I don't think you can really ever get it not to flip over because there is so much traction roll.
Tech Regular

Old 02-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Three the same replies is a lot. Message is clear.
But did you try the glue on the sides of the tires?
I almost always do that to prevent traction rolling.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by "Spanky
Have you tried stiffer springs and thicker sway bars? I'm just a dumb GP guy but when my car traction rolls, I stiffen the suspension to take steering out. The car will flip easier if you allow the chassis to roll.

Just my opinion...
Old 02-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default pinion / spur

Im confused................................not hard i know!

Looking through the on line xray set up's for 007 19t gearing it appears that people are using 48dp pinions with 64dp spurs, for example 24pinion 116 spur.

Is this correct and if so what are the advantages of this?
Cheers in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.