Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcalaker
Most weights ive seen added to lipos were lead weights with the double sided tape on them. Its ugly but it works. You need to add quite a bit. Not sure the Xray weights would actually be enough...i believe those are just to "fine" tune the weight distribution...not meant to add a good percentage of weight like the weight needed to make up the difference. I bought the lead weights that they sell for airplanes. At least thats where they had them at my hobby store. They were only like $4 a pack.
Thats about the only thing I dont like about my lipo...its too light...they pitch it as its a good thing but it really isnt. It would have been better had they made it closer to weight of a "normal" nimh pack. The other benefits still outweigh the weight factor. I suppose this may be somethign good for the new Losi but it might still be too light.

I thought of this idea even simulated it but your'e right it was ugly and it was a whole lot of lead. I think the Xray balancing weights for the rear are 5 oz of brass in a very small size so at least they would look better.

Thanks for the replys...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

007 question...

out of the box .. does it come with a good set-up for carpet?
the us edition....a kid bought one who i race with locally and he looked good with it considering that he is new to the hobby..

lmk,

matt
Old 12-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The kit setup is a very nice starting point for carpet....from there you can make minor adjustments for it to suit your track and driving style if required
Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

too true... the US foam car i have been running had an excellent starting point, and i ran my EU rubber car 1st time last night, didnt really get any practice with it before quals. ran as fast on my best lap as i have with my previous car on my 2nd pack through.

the only adjustments i made were minor droop changes from the stock setup.

Wes
Old 12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matt, this setup is also worth trying, but it uses not-included springs on the rear and not-included C-hubs.
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...1&setup=t2_007
Old 12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Matt, this setup is also worth trying, but it uses not-included springs on the rear and not-included C-hubs.
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...1&setup=t2_007
That setup is awsome on med bite carpet and if your running on a lower bite run 2deg of rear toe and possibly lay the rear shocks down 1 hole. Its dialed.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kave, yeah, I agree. I'm running that setup exactly (except tire diameter), and this weekend I was having problems with the back end stepping out on the entry to a high speed sweeper. I moved the rear shock upper mount in one hole, and that completely eliminated that problem. The other effect was that the back end was very planted on the lower speed corners, which demands more effort to rotate the car around hairpins.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

thx much for the info guys...

im so undecided on what i want..
ive went thru a rdx-which i liked...jrxs,now i have a mi2 ec..these cars work good...but the rdx i had was the best.....i have some other guys that run rdxs say that the new 007 car is wicked...

matt
Old 01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi,

I've had very good resukts with the kit setup for foams on my first 007. my 2nd 007 has been sidelined due to bad bearings (hub bearings) right in the kit. but I hope to have it up and running soon. right know one is right on the fastest stock pace at our local track(s) running a GTB/13.5 setup. my other one will be a brushed stock/19t car.

ChrisP.

you were right. I love the car, so does my other driver(s). the way it's going I'll end up with three of them soon!!!!
I have to work this weekend but I'll call you before I head to CEFX the next time I go. I've seen Jeff B and Aaron there a few times.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Tim,

How are you guys doing? Missed you at the champs thiis year. We will be coming up to Josh's to get ready for the nats. See you soon.

chuck
Old 01-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimXLB
Hi,

I've had very good resukts with the kit setup for foams on my first 007. my 2nd 007 has been sidelined due to bad bearings (hub bearings) right in the kit. but I hope to have it up and running soon. right know one is right on the fastest stock pace at our local track(s) running a GTB/13.5 setup. my other one will be a brushed stock/19t car.

ChrisP.

you were right. I love the car, so does my other driver(s). the way it's going I'll end up with three of them soon!!!!
I have to work this weekend but I'll call you before I head to CEFX the next time I go. I've seen Jeff B and Aaron there a few times.

Thanks

They've mentioned seeing you there Tim! When I heard I was disappointed that I wasn't able to make the trip...

I'm glad that you're enjoying the car.

Hope to see you soon!
Chris
Old 01-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ChrissP:

Hi,

it was the first weekend I was able to be out of the house since I had gotten sick again. so far everything is looking good, I'm back to work, racing again, and wrenching again!!!!. I'm hoping to make it down to CEFX in two weeks as I should have that weekend off work.

Mackin:

Hi,

We had planned on going to Cleveland but I ended up getting sick again. I wasn't able to do much of anything. I finally started feeling better about the second week of December. We're hoping I will be better for next years race. Mini'no longer a Mini...18 and showing it. not doing to much racing as he has other things to take up his time. I'm hoping to get him back to the track soon tho.

Thanks

Last edited by TimXLB; 01-02-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone know the actual weights of each weight in the Xray balancing weight sets?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Deves
Anyone know the actual weights of each weight in the Xray balancing weight sets?

5 (front), 10 (rear) and 20 (middle) gram

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...tional%20items
Old 01-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Stein!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.