Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
All of the top companies have different issues with new cars. Xray puts a new one out every @9 months in order to give us the best car they have available. If you want to compare companies, try one of the other threads. The JRXS-R has been in the making for over a year and still isn't due out until January or February. Same with the TC5. I'm sure those guys would love to have a new car in their hands. I like Corally's idea of updating the standard kit but that can get confusing when you don't know what version you have and what changes do what to your car. I would rather have the OPTION to buy a new car every 9 months rather than spend 9 months crying "2 more weeks". Your T2 is not out of date. The '007 is an improvement and may be easier to drive fast but it is an evolution of the T2 not a miracle cure for anything. Batteries, motors and driver skill will help you more than replacing your T2 with a T2'007. It may give you a couple of seconds over a 5 minute race, but so will patience and better lines.

I don't think it could have been said any better.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What I find amusing is that if people are so disdained about having to buy the newest car than why are they buying Xray.
Every Xray driver I know, knows that a new car is not far off as they continually keep making their cars the best they can be.

Like stiltskin said.

If you don't want to buy the conversion you are free to not buy it. You are not being held up by Xray at gun point. The standard T2 is still very competitive, I saw this happen this Sunday. Fast guys with 007's couldn't keep up with a fast guy with a standard T2. When asked why he hadn't gotten the 007 he said I still haven't gotten everything out of the T2 yet. So really it is up to you.
The complaining is getting old.....

-Shookie <><
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I heard this car was dialed when Viktor Wilck was driving it.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
What I find amusing is that if people are so disdained about having to buy the newest car than why are they buying Xray.
Every Xray driver I know, knows that a new car is not far off as they continually keep making their cars the best they can be.

Like stiltskin said.

If you don't want to buy the conversion you are free to not buy it. You are not being held up by Xray at gun point. The standard T2 is still very competitive, I saw this happen this Sunday. Fast guys with 007's couldn't keep up with a fast guy with a standard T2. When asked why he hadn't gotten the 007 he said I still haven't gotten everything out of the T2 yet. So really it is up to you.
The complaining is getting old.....

-Shookie <><
If it's who I think you're talking about he would have been more truthful by telling everyone that the reason he doesn't have a 007 is because JAF is waiting for the Losi car to be released and they will be driving those.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
If it's who I think you're talking about he would have been more truthful by telling everyone that the reason he doesn't have a 007 is because JAF is waiting for the Losi car to be released and they will be driving those.
Hey you know he will be fast no matter the car he is controling......LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey you know he will be fast no matter the car he is controling......LOL
-Shookie <><
He should be happy that you have that kind of confidence in him. But I don't know that I agree of disagree with you on that one. I guess it would have to affect me in some way or another???
Old 12-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some shop already accept per-order for the EU conversion.the owner tell me must per-order.it will be in-sock on the jan/2007.(i alredy buy one set )

http://www.racing11.net/shop/product...4f24acf9d4169e
Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just finished building my 007, after setting up all my electronics I noticed that under power while turning it seems to get a very bad case of the shakes, The only thing that seems to make it go away is if I turn my end points down quite a ways... I think I remember reading somewhere in this thread that this was common however I cant seem to find it again, so my question is... is this the case with the 007 or did I make a mistake somewhere along the lines?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3mpi
I just finished building my 007, after setting up all my electronics I noticed that under power while turning it seems to get a very bad case of the shakes, The only thing that seems to make it go away is if I turn my end points down quite a ways... I think I remember reading somewhere in this thread that this was common however I cant seem to find it again, so my question is... is this the case with the 007 or did I make a mistake somewhere along the lines?
Most commonly called "chatter" in the front dogbones.

It's common on most cars (including Xray's), especially when using a spool. My comment is if you are using enough steering for the car to do this you are more then likely using too much steering.

Here's a good article on how to minimize this effect.

http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info...6db93d961b4222
Old 12-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by initialrays
Some shop already accept per-order for the EU conversion.the owner tell me must per-order.it will be in-sock on the jan/2007.(i alredy buy one set )

http://www.racing11.net/shop/product...4f24acf9d4169e
yikes! thats big $$$$
Old 12-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3mpi
It's normal to a certain extent... You notice it a lot with a spool. As Anthony has said, nexus has some cool tips on how to tweak your CV joints a little bit.

You usually shouldn't have to crank the wheels that hard to get the car around a corner anyway. I've always been one to setup my cars to have enough natural steering to get through most corners without cranking the wheel that far. This is the most efficent way I've found.

The wheels will tend to chatter more when they dotn have a load on them as well. Just drive it on the track, and if you still notice the chatter just turn your endpoints down a touch, and maybe try to dail in more steering through your suspension setup.

-Korey
Old 12-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
yikes! thats big $$$$
210!! i thought it was 175
Old 12-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Question on Spring rates. Kit Gold (14) = Option Yellow (14)? Kit Silver (17) = Option White (17.5). Is this correct? I want to order some optional springs, don't want to order the ones that are useless. What is the recomended range?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Silver and golds are actually a really progressive spring... so they are more like a 15 and 20 lb spring. The yellows and whites def feel different, since like all the other xray springs... they are really linear. Give them a try

-Korey
Old 12-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Whoops.... Weylin forgot to sign out of a computer here at work hahahaha.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.