Xray T2'007

Old 09-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well, informed consumers should know that XRay releases a new chassis about once every 10-12 months. They've done it for about 7 years in a row now, and don't show any signs of changing their style. If you're an XRay owner, it would be pretty silly to complain about it. At this point, with their track record, it would almost be like complaining about how real car companies come out with something new each year. That's their business model, know it before you buy their products with false expectations.

The thing I wonder about XRay is if they're maximizing the benefit of what they learn from a chassis. Their cars always win, so I'm inclined to say "yes." Still, some of these new chassis are radical departures from their predecessors, and come with their own new quirks and issues. Surely there's something to be said for spending some time with the same chassis and really working out all its kinks? I mean, there are guys that still think the FK04 is XRay's best car to date, and there's not much evolution going on with -that- design.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Like I stated in the other post, we need to merge these or close one... I'm going back to Associated as soon as the belt car hits the shelves, I'll run my FK05 till then....

I'd rather see a company make a good stable platform and then imrpove upon it rather than produce a whole new car that makes parts hard to get...

How much longer are we going to be able to get parts for the T1 platform?
Old 09-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Like I stated in the other post, we need to merge these or close one... I'm going back to Associated as soon as the belt car hits the shelves, I'll run my FK05 till then....

I'd rather see a company make a good stable platform and then imrpove upon it rather than produce a whole new car that makes parts hard to get...

How much longer are we going to be able to get parts for the T1 platform?
By reading Mario's comments on the Xray column they are now making everything that comes in an Xray kit in house, other than Bearings I would assume. So I would assume that since they have all the molds and make everything in house that they can continue to support the T1 for a long long time and not cost them any extra to do so.

I think any car on the market can be good in anyone's hands as long as you know what your doing and understand each car. The 04 car was probably the easiest car to drive fast. The T2 can be very fast...but it is hard to drive that way. The new T2 is just the opposite. It is VERY easy to drive and carry's insane corner speed....I drove one for a battery pack!!

EA
Old 09-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I bought a used '05, but I have been racing my TC4. My LHS just does not always have the parts I need. This is not only an X-Ray issue, alot of people have gone to Tamiya or out.

Just want ot see the TC5, before I buy something else.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hmmmm

Hey guys instead of us bitching about Xray's upgrade policies why don't we talk about important guy stuff like women with humongous sillicone implants and who's gonna win the world series?

Don
Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

I like real ones and I hate Baseball.... Let's strike cause we only make 10 million a year!!!

I couldn't even go Tamiya, there is ZERO parts support around here, I learned my lesson running Yokomo...

Just waiting for the TC4-BD or TC5 or whatever they are going to call it....
Old 09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This is funny. You say you'll get the new associated when it comes out. What if the xray comes out at the same time. Then next year xray comes out with a new car. YOU DONT HAVE TO GET IT!!! You can run your old xray that is compatible to the AE that came out at the same time.

I would rather go with a company that continually advances their cars and gives you the OPTION of going to the new car, than a company that doesnt update their car for 5 years, and when they do, it's worse than the old car.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think xray would not change the design totally different from T2 since it still in T2 platform. maybe a minor thing chaging only.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

My concern in Parts Support... My LHS Stocks AE parts and the only reason they have Xray parts is because we are running them, no one but maybe 10-15 of us are buying Xray parts from them... They aren't going to support both the T1, T2 and a new platform.... I hate carrying more in spares than the entire chassis cost me...
Old 09-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Note that the car is indicated as the T2'007 NOT a T3....this would indicate that it is still on the T2 platform...but an evolution of that platform (based on prior Xray releases and kit names)
Old 09-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
OPTION
That's the key word brother.

Nobody is telling anyone to buy any new car that any manufacturer comes out with. If you can swing it and have no moral qualms about it, cool. If not, don't blame the manufacturer; it's not like the T2 or FK05 is sooooo outdated that you can't possibly ever turn a competitive lap or two with it. If you see parts support as an issue (which it really is NOT) then switch to a more common, Horizon and Tower distributed, LHS friendly brand, don't let us hear about it though.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

I bought a used '05, but I have been racing my TC4. My LHS just does not always have the parts I need. This is not only an X-Ray issue, alot of people have gone to Tamiya or out.

Just want to see the TC5, before I buy something else.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

change is a good thing, it makes everybody involved in the industry evolve and develope, otherwise it would stagnate and companies would soon go out of business.
Before anyone makes comments about the need for constant model revisions and up-grades we should understand the potential benifits of the changes.
Thats my 2 pences worth.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you guys just think that xray is releasing cars fast, since they are the MAIN company in the spot light.

if you look at anyother company, they do almost or exactly the same thing!

The T2 has been out for 10 months, so i have been expecting this for a little while
Old 09-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got a peak at the updates and the car is trick. Good to see X-Ray trying to make something for the US market. Oh yeah, it ran as good on the track as it looks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.