Xray T2'007

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by magerp
Please help me. The screws on my FK04 and T2 stick when screwed into the bulkheads. The screws I use are the stock shiny metal ones for the FK04 and the hard coated black screws for the T2. What tips are for preventing this? Will a drop of oil help or some wax? I will be upgrading to titanium in the future, will the Ti screws stick?
maybe you can use some kind of "CA neutralizer"....Krisbow made this stuff...it can melt down CA...
Old 08-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In my case, my 2mm Hxxx wrench was too loose... I now use a dynamite 2mm wich is tighter and I haven't striped any screws since...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
thanks guys, but i got my answer from XRAY Support. their online support is awesome. i always get a response very quickly. and this is so detailed and accurate that i didn't even have any extra questions afterwards. i am more and more impressed with XRAY. here's their response to my question.

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your email and your interest in Xray products.

The differential has been built per factory specifications and this way it has been build for several years by well trained factory assembly staff with great results. The diffs are being build and set-up for ultra smooth operation. All factory team drivers have been using the original diffs without modification or re-assembly which is a proof that the diffs are build ready for any high competition conditions. There is a thin and sufficient layer of grease put on the large diff shims, there is sufficient amount of grease applied on the carbide balls and there is sufficient amount of grease applied on the axial bearing as well.

You will not find any extra amount of grease in the differential because XRAY differential has been build for smooth operation and features only the neccessary, appropriate and sufficient amount of the grease. If a large amount of grease would be applied, this will make the operation of the differential not as smooth and efficient like it is now - built per factory specifications.

Moreover XRAY differentials feature the XRAY Dust-Covers which seals the differential perfectly and no or very minimum of dust can get into the differential. Therefore even a small amount of grease is sufficient to make the differential work smoothly and perfectly for a long time.

Please note that XRAY has been using a very special grease which is very thin and transparent so it may look the differential is dry. XRAY strongly suggest NOT to use any other grease than the original XRAY grease.

To summarize the answer - XRAY differentials are NOT dry. If you do not see any overflowing amount of grease in the differential do not worry, your differential has been built properly with thin and sufficient layer of thin grease for smooth operation of the differential. If you believe you need more grease than is the factory standard, then please use the included grease in your kit but remember that a larger amount of grease may make the differential run not that smooth. You can purchase the XRAY Grease under part number #30 9500 Silicone Grease

At the end, please remember if you want your differential to last long you need to break-in the differential properly: When you rebuild your diff, even if you use the same diff rings and diff balls, or start using a new diff it is best if you take the time to run it in before tightening it beyond a loose setting. A well run in diff will last many weeks racing without needing a rebuild. Moreover it will run smoother throughout that period. In fact if well broken in the XRay diffs will feel smoother than some of the one-ways on other cars...

So how do you break in a diff?

Well the trick is to run the diff very loose the first time you run it. If your first run is during a qualifier then try and aim for the loosest possible setting where the diff does not slip ON THE TRACK. The latter is in bold because a diff that is set so that you can still push through it a bit manually will usually not slip or only slip the first two laps on the track!

If you have the luxury of running in the diff during practice you may want to run the diff slightly more loose still so it slips slightly throughout the run. Don't overdrive the car.

Ideally for the second and third run you only tighten the diff a little bit compared to the previous run to allow the diff to get fully seated in. After that you can tighten it further to medium or even tight settings if necessary.

If I can help you in any other way just let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.

XRAY MODEL RACING CARS

www.teamxray.com

[email protected]"

Yes good serve
Old 08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, just jumped on the Xray bandwagon and got an '007. Can't wait to carve up the local competition

Anyway, for the front one-way diff I see that I need Xray one-way lube. However, without a LHS I'll need to use some alternative. What do you guys suggest?
On hand I've got light bearing oil, Losi diff grease, lithium grease but I bet there's something else better than those.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

new car photo ?
Attached Thumbnails Xray T2'007-1.jpg   Xray T2'007-2.jpg   Xray T2'007-3.jpg   Xray T2'007-4.jpg   Xray T2'007-5.jpg  

Old 08-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
new car photo ?
again
Attached Thumbnails Xray T2'007-7.jpg   Xray T2'007-6.jpg  
Old 08-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Woww the new car look different
Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

It doesn't look too much different to me. I wish xray would combine the FK04 and the multi flex and easy diff access of the T2 to make a new car. I love my FK04 and refuse to give it up, but it's a pain in the butt to work on. I think the FK04 battery layout is superior to the T2 especially with lipos IMO.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A.D.D.
Hey guys, just jumped on the Xray bandwagon and got an '007. Can't wait to carve up the local competition

Anyway, for the front one-way diff I see that I need Xray one-way lube. However, without a LHS I'll need to use some alternative. What do you guys suggest?
On hand I've got light bearing oil, Losi diff grease, lithium grease but I bet there's something else better than those.
You can use Serpent one way lube
Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If thats the new car, it looks very similar to the sepernt (the rear bulkhead).
Old 08-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pics are too grainy.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default T2 Setup....

Hi guys...I just picked up a T2 and am running on asphalt and rubber....we race on a tight technical course that changes every couple of weeks, it is a parking lot, sealed...can you guys point me in a direction of a good base setup?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcarmchl
Hi guys...I just picked up a T2 and am running on asphalt and rubber....we race on a tight technical course that changes every couple of weeks, it is a parking lot, sealed...can you guys point me in a direction of a good base setup?

Thanks

You have a T2 or a T2007? If a 007, I would start with the kit setup. It's very good and a lot of people seem to be very fast with it.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was thinking about getting some ceramic bearings for my Xray as the bearings are the one thing that I havn't been real happy with on my T2'007. What do you guys think about the Acer bearings that you can get from TH? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Myhre
Old 08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

XRay sweeps all but one class at the 20th Annual Summer Sizzler in Tacoma, WA.

Stock: Jon Sterling FK05
19T: CJ Redelfs (me) T2007
Open Mod: Korey Harbke T2007
Gas Touring: Mark Tveten NT1

Only brushless 13.5 was not won by an Xray; Ritchie Reynolds, with some "other" car. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.