Xray T2'007

Old 07-26-2007, 06:39 AM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanks GK. Yeah, I'm getting into electric. I picked up a used T2 '007 EU version yesterday - STLNLST's. I was debating what Nitro car to get next after selling the MTX-4 (still have the two RRRs). I couldn't make up my mind between the NT1 and 720 '07 - so I decided to try something totally different.
You picked the right car rmd, good luck with it! I think you'll be craving for NT1 after you get familiar with '007 and Xray quality
Old 07-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
Here's a list of the steel M3 screws left in the cars:
-all 8 hingepin holder M3x16, because I've bent like four of these, so definitely not a place for Aluminum.
-all 3 layshaft-spur M3x5 bolts, because they don't have M3x5
-the M3x5 upper deck bolt

I was able to replace every M3 except those ones with the aluminums listed above. In some cases I ended up with shorter or longer Al screws, because I didn't have a complete selection (like M3x8 in button and countersunk), but they all seem OK.
-Adam
Hey Adam, nice post. The 3 pcs of M3x5 in the Spur (also the Front Spool and Multi Diff have those M3x5s in the pulley) can be replaced to M3x6 alu or titanium and you would still shave some wieght of. I know I did it on mine with titanium and the 3pcs M3x6 titanium weighs less then the 3pcs M3x5 steel...
Old 07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cvt, I thought I tried a M3x6 accidentally a few months ago and noticed that the screw was pushing on the pulley. It's still OK? Just a little push? ;>
Old 07-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
i just got my T2'007 today!!! woohoo!!!!

do you uys have any tips for the build process? anything that i should look out for? this is my first XRAY kit, so it will be a new experience for me. i am amazed at how much of literature is in the box. the details and quality of that alone is awesome!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h4...6072007245.jpg
Congrats on the new ride, I am sure you will enjoy it, be sure and hit all the Bearings with some good quality oil, also I used the tip from nexus about scuffing the bulkheads on the top and botttom http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info...1f366368139b95
Old 07-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big B
Congrats on the new ride, I am sure you will enjoy it, be sure and hit all the Bearings with some good quality oil, also I used the tip from nexus about scuffing the bulkheads on the top and botttom http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info...1f366368139b95
I checked it out, it's very useful and insightful webiste Big B, thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

i am very disappointed with my first XRAY Kit. there is a part missing in it!! 1 of the 4 Upper clamp for the bulkheads is not in the parts bag and i cannot finish the build!!!! where's the XRAY quality now!!! who cares how well the parts are made!! if parts are missing it doesn't matter. i have built many kits and i have never had 1 with a missing part!!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i am very disappointed with my first XRAY Kit. there is a part missing in it!! 1 of the 4 Upper clamp for the bulkheads is not in the parts bag and i cannot finish the build!!!! where's the XRAY quality now!!! who cares how well the parts are made!! if parts are missing it doesn't matter. i have built many kits and i have never had 1 with a missing part!!!!!
Doesnt pay to get all bent out of shape over one missing part... every company's thread you go one you will find someone who had a missing/ wrong or defective part in a kit.
Just call RC America (if you live in USA) and they will take care of you
Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

it's easy to say don't get bent out of shape when you are not the one that has to go thru the frustration of searching for a missing part in the middle of a build. i have since contacted the relevant people and they are working on a solution.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To be honest, I've never had an r/c car kit missing parts... Heli;s are another story. I was putting together my raptor 50 and ti wa smissing bearings, a belt, and tail rotar blades... like literally 80 bucks worth of stuff lol.

Your Xray distributor should be able to help you promptly. This is a very rare occurance... honestly the first I've heard of this happening with and Xray kit.

-Korey
Old 07-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

this is the first time i have ever experienced a missing part in a kit as well. service from the hobby shop that i got it from is pathetic!!! and the fact that they are 600km away from me doesn't help!!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

this is the first time i have ever experienced a missing part in a kit as well. service from the hobby shop that i got it from is pathetic!!! and the fact that they are 600km away from me doesn't help!!

I'd be pissed off too Goodluck with the part.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ottoman
Doesnt pay to get all bent out of shape over one missing part... every company's thread you go one you will find someone who had a missing/ wrong or defective part in a kit.
Just call RC America (if you live in USA) and they will take care of you
I had a missing part out of a AE kit recently. Stuff happens. Maybe it was Friday at the plant, maybe someone had a death in the family and their mind wasn't on the job. Who knows. That life. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to get you one as quickly as possible. I'd say if one kit out of 10,000 is missing 1 part, they're doing pretty good.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Myhre
I had a missing part out of a AE kit recently. Stuff happens. Maybe it was Friday at the plant, maybe someone had a death in the family and their mind wasn't on the job. Who knows. That life. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to get you one as quickly as possible. I'd say if one kit out of 10,000 is missing 1 part, they're doing pretty good.
True but it sucks when it happens to you. You pay big bucks for a car youve been so anxiously waiting only to have a part missing... In the grand scheme of things its nothing, but anger and fustration are an immediate reaction.

Rocketracer dont be discouraged, the 007 is a bada$$ car. You will be happy once you get it all together.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the words of encouragement guys. i have not lost any faith in the car or XRAY for that matter. i simply attributed it to "human error". it happens.

as for the part, the shop i got it from arranged a new part and it is on it's way to me now. it was a bit of a mission, but i arranged for it to be sent on a same day service via Air!!! i have to thank my buddy Sylvester for sorting it out!! he's the man!!!

so after all is said and done, i will be able to give my new T2'007 a shakedown run theis sunday!!! WOOHOO!!!! Mamba Max 5700 setup in this baby!

i am happy now!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

thanks for the words of encouragement guys. i have not lost any faith in the car or XRAY for that matter. i simply attributed it to "human error". it happens.

as for the part, the shop i got it from arranged a new part and it is on it's way to me now. it was a bit of a mission, but i arranged for it to be sent on a same day service via Air!!! i have to thank my buddy Sylvester for sorting it out!! he's the man!!!

so after all is said and done, i will be able to give my new T2'007 a shakedown run theis sunday!!! WOOHOO!!!! Mamba Max 5700 setup in this baby!

i am happy now!
NICE! That f@cker is going to fly!! Enjoy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.