Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
You're saying they're a follower.
That's common knowledge.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Those are the most sorry ass excuses for not adapting to Lipo. The JRSX Type R and MI3 have both proven that you can make a competitive chassis that will fit 6 cell packs and the Orion cases. Both of those cars have put the 007 behind the curve, and not just because they fit Lipo.

Don't get me wrong. I love my 007 but if Xray doesn't have a Lipo answer by the time carpet season comes around I'll be switching allegiance.

You can do a simple mod to the rear right bulkhead and the Orion's 3200's fit perfect. You just dremel out a small amount of the rounded edge and you'll be right as rain.
Now about the 4800's you have to shim up the center strap.
Go here for more thorough instructions.
http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info...64feb85a6cb660

Hope that helps you and now you can be very happy.
-Shookie <><
Old 05-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Because there's already more consumers using LiPo in touring cars than there are consumers that travel to large events each year? I thought XRay was a trendsetter. You're saying they're a follower.
What do you call getting in line with Losi and Schumacher, why cowtow to a battery that isnt governed and is not used by the majority of racers out there. Why go back to design for a battery that will ultimatley change onces aceepted by the governing bodies that be? We are at the beginning of this possible change, and these batteries are sure to go through multiple changes in size, shape, saftey, etc.. before there is even the slightest acceptance of these batts into National, Regional, and so on races.

Last edited by Big B; 05-21-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big B
What do you call getting in line with Losi and Schumacher, why cowtow to a battery that isnt governed and used by most every racer out there. Why go back to design for a battery that will ultimatley change onces aceepted by the governing bodies that be? We are at the beginning of this possible change, and these batteries are sure to go through multiple changes in size, shape, saftey, etc.. before there is even the slightest acceptance of these batts into National, Regional, and so on races.
Because designing an Xray that fits the Orion 4800, and other batteries like it, is a win/win situation. What's the down side? Guys who want to race Lipo will be more interested in the car, and at the same time it won't change the way the car performs with Nimh cells.

It's not like they would have to completely redesign a new kit. It would even be possible to create a simple upgrade kit for the current 007 chassis. It almost fits as it is so why not? A slight change to the bulk heads, servo saver, and top deck would do it. A factory equivalent to the Nexus racing method that I currently run in my 007. I'd be the first in line.

It's possible that the Lipo standard size, shape, and weight could change but not necessarily. Some may argue that the standard is being set right now. At least two other companies are now producing Lipo batteries that match the dimensions of the Orion 4800, and two of the latest car kits fit these packs right out of the box. Because the industry has to transition into Lipo, the Orion 4800 is a good standard. Those who pave the way will set the standard.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
You can do a simple mod to the rear right bulkhead and the Orion's 3200's fit perfect. You just dremel out a small amount of the rounded edge and you'll be right as rain.

-Shookie <><
I'm already running the Nexus racing setup in my 007. It works well but It's just a band-aid until I pick up a new car for carpet season.

I'd be banned if I said this on the Xray forum but right now I'm looking at the Mi3. Hopefully Xray will have an answer by then but, as stated earlier, I'm won't hold my breath.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We could argue this forever, but it would be getting us no where, the fact of the matter is no one knows exactly what Xray is planning. I just felt since the 007 is flying off the shelves along with the NT1, so much so they stopped production of the Hudy tools, T2S, and XB8R, that they probably dont' plan on changing anything at least this year, but again that is speculation. I will try and talk with Travis Shreven and see if he has heard anything about a change for the lipo's
Old 05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
I'm already running the Nexus racing setup in my 007. It works well but It's just a band-aid until I pick up a new car for carpet season.

I'd be banned if I said this on the Xray forum but right now I'm looking at the Mi3. Hopefully Xray will have an answer by then but, as stated earlier, I'm won't hold my breath.
that is absolutely retarded, shimmign the upperdeck takes away from the performance of the car itself. They lowered the top deck 4.5mm in the US car for a reason, shimming it up higher to fit the battery is just lame. Ditch the Orion pack and go with a maxamp pack where you don't need to mod the car for it to fit. The maxamp pack is $35 less and fits perfect witht he same capacity and 5c more constant current.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie

-Shoo kie <><
Attached Thumbnails Xray T2'007-di-ds-201.jpg  
Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And the XRay forum is an abortion, rife with censorship and hall monitors that can't wait to give you a pink slip. I'll look for answers where people aren't forced to be positive, all the time. That's not a forum, that's a propaganda machine.
I thought you were being a little harsh until I went to check a thread I started about a week ago. I was wondering what people were doing to get rid of the wheel chatter when turning. No one could come up with a good answer... now the thread is gone.

Has anyone here come up with a solution??
Old 05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

It's still there Mike.... http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=5468
Old 05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm a member of the xray forum ever since it is started. There was an open discussion about the lipo topic when they announced the 007 car and nobody get banned because of questioning their decision about lipo - as far as I remember I was one of them. You wont get banned because of expressing your thoughts. Jerks get banned (from everywhere for that matter). They have a policy that they don't let you to refer to other manufacturers on their forum. You agree to that policy when registering. It does not matter if it is good or bad what you have to say about the competition they're gonna remove your post from the forum. I think it is the right policy. I don't think any other manufacturer would be interested to have a discussion about the competition on their own online forum. It is a product support forum for questions about the product. Sounds simple to me.

On the lipo issue: The 23 mm height is pretty much the maximum you will see on the LiPo batteries in the 3200-6000 7.4V range. I don't see the point to go outside of that capacity/voltage range in the next year (xray seems to keep coming out with a new model every year anyways - so we should focus on the timeframe of 2007 Sept and 2008 Sept). So you already have what you can call an industry standard of lipo packs: 23mm height SubC width and SubC 6 cell length. Some packs may be off by a few mm on the length and/or the width but that is not a problem. The current 20C-30C LiPo cells will all fit in that size which is I believe because the same cells are meant to replace the same NiMH cells in power tools

There is not too much LEFT to improve on the current 415/RDX/T2/Cyclone/Mi3 design so if they want me to buy the 08 car either they should come out with something revolutionary (Losi) or something which addresses the LiPo issue (Mi3). Otherwise I will just stick to what I have for an other year OR if my wallet gets itchy again I will buy a Losi - I can't believe I just said that . Xray have to understand that LiPo is here to stay. I have yet to see one guy to go back to NiMH once learned the LiPo. The track I will race this summer have about 30 regular guy every weekend I think about 80% is using LiPo now. So far everybody is happy.

I struggle with my 007 to make my LiMn fit (22.5mm height).

Let's wait and see what they will have to offer on the 08 model... you can say all kinds of bad things about them but one thing is for sure they have a very good sense of how to make money in this business.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Lipo's and the 007

Xray will not build a car that is "Lipo Friendly" until the sanctioning bodies allow them in their races. And when they do allow them, which they eventually will, I'm not arguing that, there will probablly be capacity and dimensional restrictions ie; limited to an Orion 3200 or something like that, as for the Losi and Mi3, I think they have sacrificed handling to be Lipo friendly, I personally want a car with the lowest possible CG. Everybody brags about how long their lipo lasts on the track, well it doesn't really matter, races are 5min in length, 8min 1/12, after 5 minutes my motors are hot enough, I can only imagine how hot they'd be after 10 or more. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Just to add to the above comment, I got a new Maxamps 5000 mAh battery to fit the T2 and it fits w/ just a few mm to spare. Length wise it sits perfect. If your looking for a High capacity pack for your car, this pack fits perfect.

havy
Old 05-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cvt01
I'm a member of the xray forum ever since it is started. There was an open discussion about the lipo topic when they announced the 007 car and nobody get banned because of questioning their decision about lipo - as far as I remember I was one of them. You wont get banned because of expressing your thoughts. Jerks get banned (from everywhere for that matter). They have a policy that they don't let you to refer to other manufacturers on their forum. You agree to that policy when registering. It does not matter if it is good or bad what you have to say about the competition they're gonna remove your post from the forum. I think it is the right policy. I don't think any other manufacturer would be interested to have a discussion about the competition on their own online forum. It is a product support forum for questions about the product. Sounds simple to me.

Aside from regulating crude language and flaming I never see censorship as the right choice. As far as I know, Schumacher doesn't have any policy against references to competing manufactures. Their forum gets more traffic too.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _pilot_
Xray will not build a car that is "Lipo Friendly" until the sanctioning bodies allow them in their races. And when they do allow them, which they eventually will, I'm not arguing that, there will probablly be capacity and dimensional restrictions ie; limited to an Orion 3200 or something like that, as for the Losi and Mi3, I think they have sacrificed handling to be Lipo friendly, I personally want a car with the lowest possible CG. Everybody brags about how long their lipo lasts on the track, well it doesn't really matter, races are 5min in length, 8min 1/12, after 5 minutes my motors are hot enough, I can only imagine how hot they'd be after 10 or more. Just my 2 cents.

that is really not the issue.to make a car fit a lipo pack it will not raise the CG.the minimal changes needed to do this will change relatively nothing.the issue that im sure will be addressed is the weight differences and also trying to forsee which direction the hobby of TC is going to follow.there is alot of possible directions right now but who knows which will be the new hot ticket.companies like losi and schumacher are not developing there cars around lipo and having the performance suffer.they are simply using different methods of developement to make the packs fit in the car.if lipo is going to take over and a car is to be structured for those specs,you will see the layouts and suspension change drasticly from where they are now.for the time being,the newly released cars had the option to make the packs fit being the demand for running lipo packs has increased.there was not nearly as much interest in lipo when xray released the 007 as there is now.im sure you will see the cars evolving to the demand.give it time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.