Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big chris
I have read this whole thread and have searched throught most of the setup sheets on XRAY's site but have not found specific setups for a US edition kit for rubber tires on carpet. Do I need to get the EU kit for a good carpet/rubber setup? Most of the setups sheets I have found online do not specify which chassis was used. I wish they were more complete.

I am looking for some setups for an US Kit for Rubber/Carpet.

Chris
my set up is posted on the xray site and on www.gearchart.com I run the EU kit with rubber tire's on carpet. The EU kit (IMO) is better for carpet with rubber because the chassis isn't as thick and it comes with the multidiff. Oneway front diff is the way to go on the rug with rubber tire's. My last time on the rug I did run the spool with the same set up and it felt pretty good. It could be better with some fine tuning but I ran out of time. I hope this helps out out some. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have read this whole thread and have searched throught most of the setup sheets on XRAY's site but have not found specific setups for a US edition kit for rubber tires on carpet. Do I need to get the EU kit for a good carpet/rubber setup? Most of the setups sheets I have found online do not specify which chassis was used. I wish they were more complete.

Chris
I run a rendition of the Paul Lemieux setup from the IIC race(rubber carpet) with both the US spec and the Eu spec and to me the US spec was easier to drive and faster in my opnion with that setup.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big B
Hi Dan.

Jinkasama here is the irp website http://www.irpsite.com/
\

How do you order it, there's no online purchase chingadera (that I could find) ...do you just email him?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
\

How do you order it, there's no online purchase chingadera (that I could find) ...do you just email him?
HEY...SPEKA DA ENGRISH!!! OK! LMAO!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys im having a little trouble with off power oversteer on my eu spec 007. I am using kit setup basicly and it has always done it. Only thing i have done is went to one and a half mm above ride height on the rear droop oposed to the 2mm above that i usually run front and back. The drivetrain spins free enough with no pinoin on so no binding issue. Any help would be great thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i am new to the 007, but here is what i used to learn the set-up basics that helps me set my car up for my driving style http://www.xxxmain.com/bookz.shtml the whole book is done in a way that explaines what to do first, second etc in a senario like you are describing. i am sure someone will chime in with the quick answer that will work exactly right, i just really liked this referance guide and it has helped me alot so far.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

hey thanks man already got this book and tried the xray setup book for advice, its a pretty crazy oversteer i get as if im not fast enough to catch it the car will swap ends. oh and iv checked the car for tweak etc
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John_S
hey guys im having a little trouble with off power oversteer on my eu spec 007. I am using kit setup basicly and it has always done it. Only thing i have done is went to one and a half mm above ride height on the rear droop oposed to the 2mm above that i usually run front and back. The drivetrain spins free enough with no pinoin on so no binding issue. Any help would be great thanks
Sounds like the reduction in droop is allowing the inside rear wheel to lift off the ground. Try putting the rear back to 2mm above ride height, or stiffen the front springs by 2 to 3 lbs.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

here is my 007 , team tamale steering knuckles and 6g caster blocks with
1 1/2g c-hubs in the back and of course team kwik stock motor for the rip
Attached Thumbnails Xray T2'007-1216060922.jpg   Xray T2'007-1216061738.jpg  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
my set up is posted on the xray site and on www.gearchart.com I run the EU kit with rubber tire's on carpet. The EU kit (IMO) is better for carpet with rubber because the chassis isn't as thick and it comes with the multidiff. Oneway front diff is the way to go on the rug with rubber tire's. My last time on the rug I did run the spool with the same set up and it felt pretty good. It could be better with some fine tuning but I ran out of time. I hope this helps out out some. Good luck.
Thanks. I have a one-way on the way hopefully it will be here before this weekend. I will look at that setup of yours and Paul L's and see what direction I could go. I will need to get a better understanding of the "soft" setting for the US chassis and top plate.

Chris
Old 02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default US rubber

Chris
Martin Hudy's 19 turn rubber set-up was dialed at the Snowbirds. I lent him my tire warmers and he helped me with my set-up. When I got home, I compared my set-up to Martin's on-line set-up and it was pretty dead on except for the ackerman and top dec. In stock, Fairtrace had a good set-up with the US kit. Check out Martin's set-up on the X-ray site.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you pm me your email I can send you my setup for some reason I cant post it on here.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

A few questions while I build my new T2R

What's the point in the locking hex drives? Convenience only? Do they add to any performance?

I'll be racing mainly asphalt with this car and a spool will definitely be a must-have for setup. I'm looking at either the TiR spool or the Multi-Diff. At this point in time, are one-ways useful? If not as much, I'd rather spend half the $$ on the regular spool. Also, on the lines of setup, I noticed that sway bars aren't used in every situation for this car. Would it be wise to get the sway bar set anyways? As you can tell, I don't want to spend money uselessly but want to get things now so I'm prepared.

Finally, is the graphite battery brace cost effective compared to tape? I realize this depends on how frequently you change packs.

Thanks
-Dane
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dane

Finally, is the graphite battery brace cost effective compared to tape? I realize this depends on how frequently you change packs.

Thanks
-Dane
Well as I dont race rubber I can answer this, No. Tape is cheap, strap is easy. Take your pick.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

What's the point in the locking hex drives? Convenience only? Do they add to any performance?
Not sure what your asking here.

I'll be racing mainly asphalt with this car and a spool will definitely be a must-have for setup. I'm looking at either the TiR spool or the Multi-Diff. At this point in time, are one-ways useful? If not as much, I'd rather spend half the $$ on the regular spool. Also, on the lines of setup, I noticed that sway bars aren't used in every situation for this car. Would it be wise to get the sway bar set anyways? As you can tell, I don't want to spend money uselessly but want to get things now so I'm prepared.
It's really a matter of driver preference. Here's what I gathered from conversating with two top drivers recently:

* After a lot of testing, Jilles has come to always prefer the spool when racing rubber tires on asphalt and carpet. He stated his overall race times were faster with more consistent lap times with the spool.
* Atsushi Hara still prefers a one-way on open & flowing tracks though.

Although I personally would run both, the spool will always be easier to drive consistently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.