R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Unhappy Team Losi XXXS problem - very high pitch noise

I have a Team Losi XXXS. It's been running with no problem the last or so, even though I only used it less than 10 times during the last year.

The last few weeks however, I have been racing it with a few friends in a track that we built in a parking lot.

Last week, it started to put out a very high pitch noise after running for a few laps. I thought it was the motor that is having the problem, but the problem is still there after I replaced the motor. I also adjusted the motor position, thinking that it may be the motor gear that is squeezed too closed to the spur gear.

but that's not it either. I have never taken this car apart before, so I am not that familiar with the single belt system. what's worse is that some of the screws seem to be stripped out because they keep slipping when i tried to open them with the 1.5 mm wrench.

Is this noise a symptom that the belt needs to be replaced?

i took the cover of the belt mechanism from the bottom of the car and everything looks ok, meaning there is no dirt or stuff getting stuck. I sprayed the belt area with air compressor to clean up any dirt that may have caused the problem.

anyone out there had similar experience with this car?

newm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I havent had this problem but you could check your bearings. There may be some dirt in one of them and it is not spinning smoothly. Also check your diffs to see if they are tight and that they have grease in them.

Hope this Helps.
Fast XXXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
Tech Initiate
Default high pitch noise

thank you, I will check for that. I alsso emailed the guy at team losi, they recommended the same thing.
newm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

also losi uses standard tread screws, so you need a 1/16 hex, if I remember right.
RC racing is still trying to prove that two solid objects can be in the same place, at the same time.
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the XXXS have the slipper like the XXX4? I blew out the slipper bearings once and didn't realize it right away. It was making a weird noise before the bearing blew out and then it was obvious what was wrong.
Rysuleod is offline   Reply With Quote