Wiki Posts
Search

Radio swap..is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Radio swap..is it worth it?

Hi all,

Im a left handed driver so im always whacking people with my radio aerial,so i decided to get a radio that can go either way.

I found an M8 with spektrum and radio bag and the original module and reciver advertised on rctech.(with all documnets)

So i offered my ko helios(signed by atsushi hara), futaba 2ch 3pm radio(the one that comes with iwaver 02's) and a blue bird high speed servo.(with box and all docuuments)

he agreed and so did i,but now people are telling me its not a good trade

should i go thru with it?Is it a fair trade?
Old 09-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you really need a lefthanded radio, then its a good deal. But, radio-for-radio, I think the Helios feels better.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Got Xray?
Hi all,

Im a left handed driver so im always whacking people with my radio aerial,so i decided to get a radio that can go either way.

I found an M8 with spektrum and radio bag and the original module and reciver advertised on rctech.(with all documnets)

So i offered my ko helios(signed by atsushi hara), futaba 2ch 3pm radio(the one that comes with iwaver 02's) and a blue bird high speed servo.(with box and all docuuments)

he agreed and so did i,but now people are telling me its not a good trade

should i go thru with it?Is it a fair trade?
Let me get this right. You want to trade your Hara signed Helios (and other items) for an M8? IT IS A GREAT DEAL FOR THE OTHER GUY!!! If I were you, I would get out of deal (if it is not too late and you did not make a committment) for the simple fact that you can find a used M8 for well under $100 (ebay or rctech). If money is tight, sell your equipment, dont just give it away. That is not an even trade at all. I have a Helios and I have an M8 (backup) and they are not even close. Do yourself a favor and say no.

Good Luck
Loren

Last edited by llamont; 09-09-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Don't do it! Maybe I could see trading for a 3PKs or maybe a M11, but like mentioned, you can get a M8 for less that a $100. I would recommend the 3PK over the M11 though, 3PK is much lighter, has drop down wheel, left hand friendly, PCM compatable, and Futaba is always rock solid when come to signal strength and glitching issues.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If you committed to doing this deal then by all means you should do it.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
If you committed to doing this deal then by all means you should do it.
Agreed...

Because if you get a rep for backing out of deals, this bad trade...(and YES it is a bad trade for you)...may be the last one anyone wants to do with you.

Before you agree to a deal is the time to ask "is this good", not afterward.

Your choice though...
Old 09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Agreed...

Because if you get a rep for backing out of deals, this bad trade...(and YES it is a bad trade for you)...may be the last one anyone wants to do with you.

Before you agree to a deal is the time to ask "is this good", not afterward.

Your choice though...
Good point.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's an unfair deal, the other guy should know this and accept that Got Xray want's to get out. If he wanted to leave a negative feedback then so be it. What he would say? Got Xray is bad because he didn't give me his Helios for my hundred year old M8 :

I just bought my helios for 300+ (with wheel extension) even the M11 cost less.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks heaps guys thats just what i thought.
I Might Just Sell The Stuff And Look For The M11.

Thank you all,
Nick
Old 09-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
If he wanted to leave a negative feedback then so be it. What he would say? Got Xray is bad because he didn't give me his Helios for my hundred year old M8 :
No, the person would say, 'I agreed to a business deal with him and he back out of it'.

Now he says he will sell it instead. What if he agrees to sell it for what seems like a good price, then after that, someone comes along and offers him $30-$40 more. Should he just back out of that too?

Bad deals sometimes happen. Thats why you do your research before agreeing to a deal.

But hey, its his buyer/seller rep, so again its his choice.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Darkseid
No, the person would say, 'I agreed to a business deal with him and he back out of it'.

Now he says he will sell it instead. What if he agrees to sell it for what seems like a good price, then after that, someone comes along and offers him $30-$40 more. Should he just back out of that too?

Bad deals sometimes happen. Thats why you do your research before agreeing to a deal.

But hey, its his buyer/seller rep, so again its his choice.
Getting out of the deal may not seem like an ethically sound decision but the trade is a bad deal in itself. I wouldnt want to gain a reputation for going back on my word and getting out of deals. On the other hand watching someone get screwed in a bad deal (due to lack of knowledge) is not cool either. If I did back out, I would let the other party know why I changed my mind. Then, if he still decided to leave bad feedback... oh well. Just dont make a habbit of the same behavior. Do your research and ask questions before making the decisions.

I had a seller back out of a deal with me last year (after I sent the money). Initially I was upset but I purchased the same item shortly after (I got my money back) and all was good. There was no negative feedback left b/c the guy let me know about his situation. If there has not been a valiant effort to complete the deal (money sent or package mailed), I would inform the other party and keep my radio. Good luck.

Loren
Old 09-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well, I guess some people value their integrity, others dont.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Well, I guess some people value their integrity, others dont.
First of all, there is no need to question anyone's integrity here. I dont think anyone (who has posted on this thread) had the intentions of being deceptive or dishonest in their posts. A person wanted to know if they were getting a good deal on an equipment trade... a majority of the replies seem to think the deal was unfair from the start. I would have done my research before agreeing to make the trade but that is me. I dont know the whole story and I won't judge anybody (that's not my call anyway). If you feel that someone is dishonest, dont do business with them.

Thanks
Loren
Old 09-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I let him know,no bad feedback or anything was left.
Its all good now and ive decided to look for an M11

Also thanks for backing me up lamont
Old 09-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Got Xray?
I let him know,no bad feedback or anything was left.
Its all good now and ive decided to look for an M11

Also thanks for backing me up lamont
If I had anything signed by anyone like Hara, I would definitely keep it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.