R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #16
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up Good Experience with ProMatch

I have only done business 1 time with ProMatch (2 battery packs). But they took time to talk to me about the issue I had and took care of it. In hindsight don't think the issue I had (hot cell) was a product problem, but a small short through a nick in the battery (my fault ). It has not recurred since. However they took time to resolder my battery pack up (their technique for that is excellent) and the pack actually has much better performance than when I soldered it (it's a 1.217V / 2.1IR 3800 pack from when they were matching at 30 amps). Also my LHS has nothing but praise for the service and working with them which is why I bought from them in the first place. Reputation for service (LHS and pro drives at the track) is as important to me as having a quality product. I want to do business with people that are pleasant to deal with and that are trustworthy.

My opinion is that for the average weekly club driver, taking care of customers (while of course providing a top-quality product) is what brings them back again and again. In my case they got my attention with their thoroughness, attention to detail, kind/helpful approach to my problem and of course a quality product.
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:41 AM   #17
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUDI RS4
With the flood of boutique motor and battery companies coming into the rc market who is your favorite?

To name a few:

- Team Kwik
- Full Throttle Motorsports
- Team Express
- Team Brood
- EA Motorsport
- Promatch
- And the list goes on...

I've had great luck with Team Brood motors and batteries...

Will these small battery and motor companies end the big battery companies dominance in the battery and motor industry???

I think they already are. Trinity no longer has the chock hold on the battery world as it once did. This is greatly in part to the new battery manufactures and distributors. And to the guys like EA, Eddie O, etc. that are matching these cells and providing expert motor building services with prices that competitive with the BIG DOGS and they pay close attention to detail since their reputations (and livelyhood) are on the line. Not to mention the great customer service that comes from "the little guy".
Team Durango | TrakPower | DE Racing | Futaba | Restricted Paint Worx

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #18
Tech Adept

For those that are living in Canada give T-Bang! a try. Trent is a very good motor tuner and has excellent customer service and support. I am seeing more and more of his products at big Canadian races. He has also been a sponsor at many of the big and small races as well.
Johnny9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #19
Tech Addict
Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

If you're looking for outstanding batteries, go with ProMatch. Very good service . Fast shipping, and cheap prices. Now since they went to 35amp equalizing, they are even better. ProMatch is the way to go as far as batteries.

Hope this helps,
"Nobody does it better"

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #20
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Yep, nowadays I definitely go with any of the boutique motors and batteries before a big company's motor or battery. Definitely like my Team Brood stuff as well.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #21
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Had to update my previous post.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #22
Tech Regular

TEAM 1 RC motors are some of the highest quality builds i have found,
and East Power batteries i beleive will be the new leader in batteries soon.
PerformanceRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #23
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I've had good experiences buying batteries (SMC) and motors through br00d, and motors and PRS gears through EA. A lot of the "boutique" companies are providing a similar service with a different label. I'd pick one that not only has a good track record with performance and customer service, but is also active in the R/C community. There's more than a few matchers that seem to do nothing more than exploit R/C for financial gain without giving much back. Find a company that is nice to you online, answers questions, and is generally involved with improving R/C. Those are the guys that deserve your business the most.
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote