R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #31
Tech Elite

you also need to keep in mind the type of climate/humidity (and their change) inside and outside the building as that will affect the carpet as well. And which carpet is actually in use there.. dont start a pissing match when you arent even talking about the same type of stuff.
Mason McCombs
NewRed Hobbies & Indoor Facility
Off-Road, Dirt Oval, Crawlers & Pullers
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #32
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Our local oval track (indoor) was built in 1994/95.. the carpet was laid down then.. The carpet to date is still in perfect shape,, we have never run rubber on the carpet tho. we only run oval to.. The Tracks also doubles as a hall when not being used for racing.. there is tons, and i mean tons of foot trafic on it as well. this stuff has been abused.. the track stil has so much bit it is unreal.I think most of it is the crpet was laid down by a professional, and glued right.. alot of clubs glue down there own rug.. as soon as the carpet start to lift in places it causes premature stretching wich increases wear.. we also have the carpet professionally clened 2 times a year... Carpet does not need to b change until it starts to break down or you have traction issues.. we are going on over 10 years this season.. we are lso one of the few tracks left that strickley runs paragon.. we have not let the whiners who cant take the smell infulence what we use.. after racing the building smeel like paragon.. The following day a local church has there over flow meber service on sunday morning.. the smell is gone by then.. there is fans on the ceiling, and it takes about 8 hours to totally lose the smell.. the groove is always there tho..

Alot of these new traction compounds may not smell, but they do have alot of chemicls in them that are not only worse for humans, but worse for the carpet..people think because something doesnt smell bad it isnt as bad.. Paragon has been tested in lab studies, and it has been shown to not be very toxic at all. beside the smell which peopl claim causes sickness and headaches is just plain dumb.. ive been using the stuff for 15 years and i still have all my fingers, and have yet to have a headache from the suff..
HERE IS MY TRADER FEEDBACK ON HOBBYTALK. http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/itrader.php?u=8257
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quantum it wasn't CRC's story. I've raced on it myself.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #34
Tech Elite
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default carpet

the carpet we have over here is very tightly woven Felt type stuff
not Foam backed or anything

you could use either side (BUT THERE IS A UPSIDE ) But you have to look closely at it to make sure
also out track layouts are different every time they are laid out (ie;;corner apex`s are in different positions then before)

UK carpet last a lot longer then has been said on here
i `will go & get a link for the company then you can have a Gander at it
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Motor City is correct in what we have observed at one of our local tracks. I have talked at length with Frank Jr. and it still puzzle's him as to what is going on there. The sauses of choice at this track are Jack, Traction Action, and TQ, the biggest class there is 19T rubber and the carpet is way worse then anything we have ever seen at Trackside for the Novak race. In fact I've had my car set up for the Novak race and came back to that track the very next weekend and traction rolled it's so gummy. another thing, the track is ran on 7 days a week, pretty much no down days, there are always people in practicing, even if they race somewhere else, the location is better for alot of people. Oh, and don't wear anything besides a black soled shoe to that track, the bottom will be black and all gummed up, I had a pair of Airwalk's that were stained black on the whole bottom....
Currently taking a break from R/C, running 1/1 scale cars, they are cheaper then running Modified TC!!!
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote