Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching with the Spektrum Mirco Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Glitching with the Spektrum Mirco Receiver

Have any of you guys/gals had this problem? We have been using the new Spektrum Micro Receiver for about a month now and it seems to get a quick hit or glitch at least twice during a run. Nothing that really upsets the car but a quick twitch of the steering down the straights.

We race 4-cell oval w/5-cell receiver pack so I know it's not a spike or drop in voltage as the receiver pack handles the radio gear.

I will install the "stock" Spektrum receiver this week to see if the problem is eliminated. Let me know what you guys have seen or experienced.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also we are using the Futaba 3PK Super (Spektrum antenna re-routed) with no problems from our second car (stock Spektrum Receiver).
Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hope these are capable of working just as good as the original grey receivers! I just bought 4 recently. I have one and 3 are in the mail to me.

These things are unbelievably small!

I hope it is something else when you test with the original. Keep us posted.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

No kiddin', they are REALLY tiny. Our original Spektrum set up has been flawless so I'm hoping it's just an isolated occurance. If the problems go away with the Stock receiver I'll give Spektrum a call and voice some concern.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have had nothing BUT problems with the Spektrum system and Futaba's 3PK. I bought a Pro system and the Mod will not work, never did. I had also bought the Micro receivers, I still have the old system and the Micro does shut down for just a millisecond (or so it seems) it's not in the same place or same situation either (getting on the throttle...etc) very random, very frustrating because I dont know when or where it's going to "glitch" I just know that it is... so much for the no glitch.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My standard Spektrum Mod and Rx for my 3PK have worked flawlessly in touring, 1/18 carpet offroad, MT and 1/8 buggy....never a single problem...

I have yet to try the micro Rx, but am hoping to be installing one for the start of this coming carpet touring season.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have had a re-routed M8, M11, and now a 3PK and this is the FIRST time I have ever had a glitching issue. I personally think it's the Micro receiver and will find out for sure next weekend.

Thanks for all of the input here guys.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:33 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I've had my micro in my offroad. Flawless performance. I did have probs. with the older recievers shutting down on carpet last season. I'll see how things go when I transfer the elects. to a new car this fall.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:37 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've ran the micro in my TC a few times now and haven't had any issues.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have used the 3pk with the Pro system, and the micro reciever in both my Mod TC and 12th scale with no reciever pack. Not one problem.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Tornado Racing:

Hi,

most of the guys running the mirco Rx are also running the Pro Module around here. I did run a micro in the dirt with a older noPro module in the dirt with no problems. (in a M8).

ChrisP:

Hi,

I'm looking into getting the Spekturm Pro for Mini and my self for this indoor season.... any chance we'll see you racing at Cleveland??? I might even take a shot at racing there!!!!!!!!! (look out everyone!!!!!)

Thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It might be the routing of the wire MOD to the 3PK...

I have been using the Spek Pro and micro receiver with the Helios and in all my vehicles...
Jammin CRT
Kyosho 777 SP2
Xray T2
and AE FTB4
Not one glitch...
But I did notice in my 18th scale while using a digital servo and a Novak XRS. That I had issues with glitching like you said...
I used the spek capasitor and it went away. Although I didn't use the Receiver pack.

I would send it in and an explination of what happens...They are pretty good about servicing stuff...

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 09-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
It might be the routing of the wire MOD to the 3PK...

I have been using the Spek Pro and micro receiver with the Helios and in all my vehicles...
Jammin CRT
Kyosho 777 SP2
Xray T2
and AE FTB4
Not one glitch...
But I did notice in my 18th scale while using a digital servo and a Novak XRS. That I had issues with glitching like you said...
I used the spek capasitor and it went away. Although I didn't use the Receiver pack.

I would send it in and an explination of what happens...They are pretty good about servicing stuff...

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
I know it's not the radio. Car #2 works just fine and has worked with the standard 3PK, 3PKS, and the re-routed antenna mod on the 3PKS.

What is the "spek capasitor"?

I know Spektrum has excellant customer service. A friend had a mod/receiver that would not bind. He sent it in for service and they sent him a brand new system sealed in the box.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

By no means am I trashin' Spektrum. I really like their products and until now have not had one single issue. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues with the Micro Reciever.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
I know it's not the radio. Car #2 works just fine and has worked with the standard 3PK, 3PKS, and the re-routed antenna mod on the 3PKS.

What is the "spek capasitor"?

I know Spektrum has excellant customer service. A friend had a mod/receiver that would not bind. He sent it in for service and they sent him a brand new system sealed in the box.
Spektrum has a capsitor to plug into the receiver...
That was what I was referring to.
Here is the link....
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SPM1600

-Shookie <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.