Wiki Posts
Search

SpeedMerchant SpeedSpec

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default SpeedMerchant SpeedSpec

Looking to start a class with the speedmerchant speedspec kits on outdoor asphalt, hot weather tracks. Anyone run the speedmerchant speedspec kit on asphalt? If so how does it run compared to regular 1/10th scale kits? If running on asphalt, what tires and compounds should we run for low-med traction asphalt?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The speed spec is great on asphalt as the chassis has alot of grip in it and is easier to drive, alot more so than standard 1/10 scale cars. I would pick up some pink rears and magenta/double pink fronts.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tires

Rear pink, and front magenta/dbl pinks? OK, but what brand, JACO, CRC, Trinity, etc...There are some good brands out there, but I'm looking for the best traction for low-mid grip asphalt with the best wear possible- what about the Jaco tires? Who can I get them from(in stock and cheap prices)?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Default Set Up

Also, how does set up work on these cars? Can you tune camber, caster, Toe, etc? Are there set up sheets for asphalt available? What is a good starting position for asphalt, low-med traction?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Speed Specs are standard link style pan cars in 1/10th scale. They use the old skool front ends that the Rev 4.5 uses. Adjusting toe is by tuning the control linkages from the servo to the steering blocks. For caster and camber adjustments, you'd use shims under the suspension arms. Our local track stocks Jaco tires for the Speed Spec classes, they seem to hold up quite well.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Rear pink, and front magenta/dbl pinks? OK, but what brand, JACO, CRC, Trinity, etc...There are some good brands out there, but I'm looking for the best traction for low-mid grip asphalt with the best wear possible- what about the Jaco tires? Who can I get them from(in stock and cheap prices)?
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...&numperpage=12